Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Reading/Leeds festival

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone going to it? What are your fave bands there if yes?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I might well be going if I can get time off work. I'm mainly going to see Weezer and so I'm only going on the 1st day to reading. I've already seen them once this year and they were breathtaking and their new album rocks!
    I got a full weekend pass. Bands I'm most looking forward to: the offspring, feeder, slipknot, hundred reasons, foo fighters. What the hell are the strokes doing as headliners?! They suck. There might not be a Leeds fest - They lost their license, but are appealing.
    Oh, I'm prolly going to Reading with me mate Jade.

And if we go... BACKSTAGE PASSES TO MEET SLIPKNOT... again... LOL Yay!!! Can't wait, they'll be my main reason for going, but the other bands will be cool. I go to any gig we can get tickets to really, (as long as it's rock).
    Originally posted by Chris61119842
    There might not be a Leeds fest - They lost their license, but are appealing.

They didn't lose their license, they weren't granted one in the first place, due to the ciolence that marred the end of last years festival.
    However, they are appealing to magistrates and are confident they will get the license, because there has been no objection from the police, firre authorities or ambulance services.

To answer the question, I want to see the following:
    [* indicates that I am not a great fan but am curious to see them!]

feeder*
    new found glory
    fenix tx*
    foo fighters
    sum 41*
    less than jake
    gunz & roses*
    offspring* (I loved smash tho!)
    NOFX
    Hundred Reasons
    Midtown
    Jimmy Eat World
    Everyone on the Concrete Jungle Stage
    Reel Big Fish
    Alkaline Trio

And I've already had my People = Nice T-shirt printed up. Lets see how many people that upsets. You'd be surprised.

And if there is a band on the main stage you don't want to see, don't watch, Simple :rolleyes: :p
    Originally posted by QuEeN FrEaK
    Oh, I'm prolly going to Reading with me mate Jade.

And if we go... BACKSTAGE PASSES TO MEET SLIPKNOT... again... LOL Yay!!!

Yeah.... righteo. :rolleyes:
    I might well be going if I can get time off work. I'm mainly going to see Weezer and so I'm only going on the 1st day to reading. I've already seen them once this year and they were breathtaking and their new album rocks!

Sorry to break the news but Weezer have cancelled.

I'm looking forward to seeing most of the bands that Bumblebee mentionned.
    The ones I'm most looking forward to though are No use for a name and Goldfinger. Pity Guns n Roses aren't playing at Reading.
    -x
    You sure??? Where did you here this? I just checked the Weezer website (weezer.com) and readingfestival.com and the mighty =w= are still in the line-up on both. Weird.
    Originally posted by Pink Soda

Sorry to break the news but Weezer have cancelled.

They cancelled last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did this year. They're a weird band, especially Rivers. If I was a fan, I wouldn't be by now having read some of his scathing comments re: fans.
    Yeah.... righteo.

Ummmm meaning??

If you don't believe me, that's fine. Doesn't bother me.
    WHAT? If weezer cancel, I'll go mad. I don't REALLY love them, but day 1 is mostly crap. Only decent bands are: New found glory, fenix tx, feeder, dandy warhols, weezer.

And they cancelled last year :mad:
    I'm going to Reading, but only for the Sunday.

I'm looking forward to seeing Slipknot, The Offspring and NOFX.

:D
    Got a weekend pass :D

Looking forward to seeing:
    The Strokes
    Pulp
    Mercury Rev
    Feeder
    The Vines
    Muse
    Ash
    Foo Fighters
    Hives
    Cooper Temple Clause

Sunday is shit. Might see Haven...that's about it.
    What the hell are the strokes doing as headliners?! They suck.
    The same comment could be made about Slipknot. :rolleyes:

I'm only going for the Friday to see:
    The Strokes
    Pulp
    Jane's Addiction (who haven't played over here in like 8 years)
    Weezer (whether or not they actually do play)
    The White Stripes
    The Dandy Warhols
    Mercury Rev
    Feeder

I wanted to go on the Saturday for Muse and Ash and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club but hey, lack of money prevails. :(
    Sunday looked pretty bad, but I'd only go for Incubus, Haven, The Streets and Spiritualized.

And which days are The Cooper Temple Clause, The Vines and The Hives playing?
    And to PinkFeatherBoa, I think we're going for the same bands!
    i have me a weekend pass and i am looking forward mostly to foo fighters! although there are loads of other really cool bands!
    crazysexycool

The poster is at www.readingfestival.com

And I'm impressed by your awesome music taste :D
    Re: crazysexycool
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    The poster is at www.readingfestival.com

And I'm impressed by your awesome music taste :D

Likewise, me'dear. :D
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

They cancelled last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did this year. They're a weird band, especially Rivers. If I was a fan, I wouldn't be by now having read some of his scathing comments re: fans.

They only cancelled last year and their october tour aswell cos the bass player, Mickey Walsh, had just gone into rehab so it was kinda impossible to continue the tour without him and they came back this easter even better than then. They are the best band in the world now at the moment now that John Entwistle has died and so the Who are left rather worse for wear.
    Originally posted by jwf26

They only cancelled last year and their october tour aswell cos the bass player, Mickey Walsh, had just gone into rehab so it was kinda impossible to continue the tour without him and they came back this easter even better than then. They are the best band in the world now at the moment

I am well aware why they cancelled. I think the bass player went 'sane' rather than 'insane' simply because you have to be mad to put up with Rivers. What a tit he is!
    In response to someone who asked where I found out how Weezer had cancelled, I think it was on efestivals.com on the 'latest news' section. I definetely read it on the internet though.