Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Has Made You Go Awww Today?

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    My friend has a dog that looks like a gigantic fluffy teddy bear. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I saw this on Facebook a while ago and was telling someone about it but couldn't find the video anymore. But I finally found the video again on YouTube! So cute <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDsHq2zeNRU&feature=youtu.be
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Currently cuddled up to a teddy bear.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Received lots of really lovely and caring PMs from people on Instagram, many who I haven't really spoken to before. It's really made me feel like I'm not alone and I really appreciate the support.
    Gonna spend my night replying to each one individually and offer them a listening ear if they need It. It's always positive to give support and not just take it
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    People who are v kind & have helped me today <3 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Realising how supportive and funny my groups of friends are
    Teddy. Hes just too cute. 😭 <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    One of my cats detected I was anxious earlier so she jumped onto my lap, curled up and had cuddles. She jumped off when I was calm. I think she could be a therapy cat. If they exist.
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    This morning my dog decided she wouldn't leave me alone gave her lots of attention all day and now she is lying across the bed fast asleep. 

(Sorry there is no photo she would have moved)
    <3
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    at the parade it started snowing and my nephews words were 'its so magical, thank-you for being alive' I cried 😂 he's only 7, but he knows if I carried on with that self destructive cycle I wouldn't be alive. I am SO happy to be alive. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I was watching Crufts
    Yesterday I was feeling a bit upset during English so I left the room to calm down. A year 7 who is in one of my lessons (normally only the particular year groups have lessons together but in the SEN unit it is a mixture of year 7, 8 and 9 was walking past with her teacher. The teacher asked what happened and then the year 7 got interested. The year 7 asked if I wanted a hug. I wasn't feeling comfortable with being touched so I said no thank you. The offer was still cute.
    A friend spamming me with memes and GIFs to try and cheer me up
    Today during break at the performing arts thing I go to, a 6 year old decided to sit on my lap after I had finished eating. She then gave me all the hugs in the world. 
    Seeing others be happy.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I love my "neice". I've been thinking about her a lot. She makes me laugh so much because she's so funny. I really look forward to celebrating her 2nd birthday with my SO and his family.

Heard such a touching story from one of my teachers.
    shops that don't do home delivery here are now offering it to the elderly or the vulverable to potentially stop them getting coronavirus … #islandlife 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    My work, they're just so supportive 😁
    A few days ago my art teacher put a funny and nice comment on my art homework on Teams. :)
    Friend's child picked me some daisys on our walk. Was so sweet
    My food technology teacher sent a quote to us. It said "Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can."
    Had a friend come round and drop me off a few things because I've been really struggling
    It was a massive aww moment
    Bella on her walk 💜 she’s still so small bless her
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    It was my last day at work and my friends got me a card 🥰
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Seeing cute puppies on TV
    One of my cats could tell I was feeling a bit down and anxious earlier so she curled up with me right against my stomach and just kept on purring and even fell asleep against me.
    Someone I talk to on twitter has been lovely today and we had an epic chat and it was really nice
    I was in the garden crouched down taking a photo up a tree for some Photography homework. One of my cats tried to jump on to me but failed. The cat is absolutely fine.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Our cat Sophie, who is usually very independent and stand-offish, went walking around our living room today just meowing loudly trying to get some attention so someone would stroke her! Such a sweetheart. :blush:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.