Home Fix The Mix
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Self care

DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 786 Part of The Mix Family
Can you do a self care challenge every day 365 days a year like the other one this month please.
Tagged:
Dancer

Comments

• TheMixTheMix The Mix HQPosts: 2,651 Staff Team
    Hey @Durhamjaide,

This is a lovely idea, thank you for sharing it here. How about we create a thread where we challenge everyone to do some self-care everyday and ask them to comment what they've done to look after themselves? 

Aife & the team

We're @Aife, @Connor, @Emma_, and @Mike - the staff team here at The Mix. If you're worried about another member, you can use the report button and drop @TheMix a private message. Our private messages are only monitored Monday-Sunday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, and we aim to reply within 24 hours. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account but if you're feeling unsafe and need support urgently, please contact Crisis Messenger or call 999.

If you would like more information on using the discussion boards, head over to the Help Desk or send us a message. 

Butterfly23Dancer
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 786 Part of The Mix Family
    That’s a good idea The Mix said:
    Hey @Durhamjaide,

This is a lovely idea, thank you for sharing it here. How about we create a thread where we challenge everyone to do some self-care everyday and ask them to comment what they've done to look after themselves? 

Aife & the team

TheMix
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 5,428 Part of The Furniture
    The Mix said:
    Hey @Durhamjaide,

Aife & the team

This is a good idea. I'll be up for starting a thread if you want. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Durhamjaide
    Yes please 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 11,954 An Original Mixlorian
    I have done a self care thread this month that had something every day, I was planning to do this thread each month as it was a popular thing, I was going to post the October self care thread tonight

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

Durhamjaide
    GreenTea said:
    I have done a self care thread this month that had something every day, I was planning to do this thread each month as it was a popular thing, I was going to post the October self care thread tonight
    Sorry I didn’t know that @GreenTea
  • TheMixTheMix The Mix HQPosts: 2,651 Staff Team
    @GreenTea this sounds like a great idea! Thank you :) 

If you'd like to run one of these threads one month @*BananaMonkey* let us know, we'd love to have you involved too :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Connor, @Emma_, and @Mike - the staff team here at The Mix. If you're worried about another member, you can use the report button and drop @TheMix a private message. Our private messages are only monitored Monday-Sunday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, and we aim to reply within 24 hours. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account but if you're feeling unsafe and need support urgently, please contact Crisis Messenger or call 999.

If you would like more information on using the discussion boards, head over to the Help Desk or send us a message. 

• ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,260 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

i think theres a self care thread in positivty corner of "what have you done to look after yourself today"
    October self care is up and running under the travel and free time thread! Already active with users posting on day one! 
    There's 31 days of self care activities! Hope you can find it and hope you like it @Durhamjaide

Astrid Alauda

Butterfly23Durhamjaide
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,319 Community Manager
    Thanks @GreenTea! Your thread looks great :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Thanks @GreenTea for doing another thread 
    GreenTea
    If anyone wants to post the thread one month, PM me and we can sort it out :)

Astrid Alauda