Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hi, my name is pandaisy,

hi, I'm pandaisy and I'm in year eleven, I have been struggling at school for a while but recently things have gone from bad to a lot worse. I've always found it tricky to make friends but when I managed to find some in year ten I was over the moon, even if they didn't always include me. I became closer friends with a few people in this group but not long ago one of them starting being not so nice to me which has since developed into bullying. When I brought this up with the person at school rather than support me the rest of my friends decided to support the bully. The bully has since made up other lies to get other friends I've managed to make on their side too. As the weeks have gone on a couple of the friends I made in year ten asked to be friends again, of course, I agreed happily but they're still too scared to talk to me when the bully is around. I have since started to struggle in nearly all of my lessons due to this and after looking at other schools if I were to move I would have to go into year ten and repeat a year. I'm a bit unsure of what to do, any advice or coping strategies would be welcomed.

Comments

• PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @pandaisy welcome to The Mix! It's great to have you here :)

I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling at school with bullying and how its affecting your friendships and performance at school. You've taken such an important step by reaching out here - we are all here to listen and support you <3 

It may be worth creating a thread in our Health and Well-being section when you feel ready and hopefully we can help you from there. 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!

That's awful. You don't deserve to be bullied and that must be really hard for you.

How would you feel about repeating year ten if you moved schools? That doesn't sound ideal, yet it could get you away from the bullying so it might be a hard choice to make? <3

Do you think it could help to talk things through with a teacher or relative, if you haven't already?

Sending hugs x
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy! Welcome :) i really hope we can support you on here <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • hydrangeahydrangea Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
    edited October 2019
    Hi pandaisy, welcome😊

I'm really sorry you're going through difficult times right now. I understand how you feel, secondary school was really difficult for me too, especially Year 11.

Are there any staff at your school who you could talk to? I know how difficult it is to sort out bullying situations, however they can help you in other ways too, like having a quiet room for you to sit in to get away from bullies, for example.

We're all ready to listen to you when you feel ready. We'll support you! Sending love and good vibes your way <3
    I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid
    I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way
    I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan
    Cast your stones, cast your judgement, you don't make me who I am.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the Mix! 💗