Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Teddy is getting his tests done on friday to check if he has any heart problems. I hope nothing serious but we found a way to pay for the £400 tests. (They listened to his heart when he was suppose to have his balls cut off and they said he has a heart murmur)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Strictly Come Dancing is on! Best TV show ever. Oh and it is making me laugh because I am watching a video of the Telletubbies doing the Strictly. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Well I have just been to a friends house to do DI Y and now we I am getting Dominos for dinner 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Birthday has turned out not to bad actually, good overall 😊
    edited September 2019
    Feeling better after venting (basically venting to myself lol) & coming to conclusion i aint the bad person. :)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I go my mums birthday present 
    I actually managed an entire plate of food without my stomach messing up too much. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Felt able to rant and be open to another support site today and it made me feel calmer about things
    I feel so relieved that my holiday is still going ahead. Thomas Cook went bust and Tui are cancelling flights too so I went to check the Tui website as I wanted to not freak out. My mum and sister will be pleased.
    Can’t wait to go to winter wonderland x
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Soooo I did it I got through the conference without any mishaps though I did call the lead worker Jo instead of Jon , Whoops 😅

Enjoy a really bad photo of me that appeared on there Facebook page , mid talking and messing with the back of my skirt because  I was anxious 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    One day i will be able to leave this earth and leave this dirty body that i live in :)
    Soooo I did it I got through the conference without any mishaps though I did call the lead worker Jo instead of Jon , Whoops 😅

Enjoy a really bad photo of me that appeared on there Facebook page , mid talking and messing with the back of my skirt because  I was anxious 
    Well done!!! Im so proud of you xxx
    May have got a job!!! 🙌
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    May have got a job!!! 🙌
    Woo! Go you! 😁💕 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Thank you @BubblesGoesBoo it’s like odd shifts but better than nothing! 
    Also realised that I have at least a glimmer of hope, which is what’s going to keep me going and get me through this shittt 💗 feeling really motivated all of a sudden lol x
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    You know when you do a good job when your teachers tell you that you should take up wedding photography 😊😊
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Date went really well 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    My first shift went so well!!! I’m so proud of myself 😊🙌
    edited September 2019
    My first shift went so well!!! I’m so proud of myself 😊🙌
    Yayyy im soo glad!!!! Proud of you! Was happy to see you posted in the good news thread before even read your post cause was thinking of you <3
    Awh thank you shaunie 💗 I’m glad it went well too x
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I am in shock. I’ve got my pip back!!! Looked in my bank account today checking for a refund I was expecting and they have gave me a huge back payment and I’ve got it back. This is gonna help soooo much because I can use it to pay for therapy 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Ann excited I start art therapy in college today :)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Ann excited I start art therapy in college today :)
    Hope it goes well! 

Good news from me I had a really good driving lesson today feeling like things are easier (it's becoming like music is now) did roundabouts, 4 turn in the roads and got up to 40mph! I cant believe it to be honest. I hadn't even finished my coffee this morning 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Finished at the hospital and on the way home. It was quite busy so a 90 minute wait but it was worth it.
    Just has my first session of group art therapy 

And super excited (but nervous ) the ball has started to roll with my autism assessment 
    edited September 2023
    [deleted]
    Post edited by JustV on
    edited October 2019
    Samaritans replied to my email of where admited disgusting thing & they was kind about it. 
    edited October 2019
    Thougt id be kind and go round my sisters house to put the bin in since shes on holiday. To make it look like someoen atleast going to her house. She also gave me a key awhile ago and she said i can go round her house between 9til 5 when theyre at work, anytime i want, if i feel in crisis that somewhere better and be completly by myself may help. So im just sat at my older sisters house but yeah theyve turned their internet off so gotta use my data and not move anything. Im not in crisis just thought id take her bin in and do something thats not staying inside