Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What concerns you about climate change?

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
edited June 2023 in Politics & Debate
Hey all!

As some of you will know, the next batch of Climate Change Strikes are due to take place on 20th September! This will see young people up and down the country (and even across the world) speak out against the destruction of our planet. In the lead up to this, it would be great if you would comment below (or DM us if you'd prefer) giving a quote or an idea of what concerns you about climate change.

The Mix are super excited to be attending one of these strikes, and would love to champion your views while they're there. So, if you're happy for us to display your quote on some signs at the protest all you need to do is let us know in your post - if not then that's totally okay too! There's a chance we might share a names alongside those quotes too - this could be your actual name, a boards username or a totally random name (as wacky as you like!). Just let us know what name you'd like us to use too.

Can't wait to hear your views on this! Any questions, feel free to ask me or @Caitlin - we're happy to help!
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hey, 

I really do believe this is important topic and does need action to be taken upon. I'm not political and like strikes but I do believe if its going to impact us in later life then action will need to be taken. The strikes have taken place up and down the UK and a few retail stores across the UK did shut there doors and all the staff working today did join the strike as well. The retailer Lush shut its largest store in the world today for the first time since it opened to join the strike. Its been amazing to follow and read about, I really do hope by 2050 we have started to combat the issue. 

Keep up the hard work @htwohig2412

<3
  • Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    I saw this on the news this morning and they were showing clips of strikes for climate change all over the world happening. It's a great conversation starter and gets people from companies to individuals thinking about changes they can make. I also saw that Burger King is/ has scrapped giving away plastic toys with their kids meals and McDonalds is looking to follow suit. 
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    edited September 2019
    Hey everyone!

It's really awesome that we've started a discussion around the topic. I was actually out at the UN Climate Summit the weekend just gone and the message came through loud and clear: change is coming and decision makers are starting to listen! So let's keep at it, and continue to lead by example by getting the little things right.

You can see a link to The Mix's article about the Climate Strike they attended last Friday here, if you're interested:
    www.themix.org.uk/travel-and-lifestyle/how-worried-are-you-about-climate-change-34159.html

Keep being passionate folks - it's people who care that create change!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨