Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

holidays and cheating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im really paranoid that my bf is going to cheat on me when he goes on holiday and i know he feels the same about me when i go and its kind of getting in the way in our relationship. (We have been together just over 10 months). I would trust my bf if he was going away on his own but i really dont trust his mates. I know that they have already brought up the subject of cheating on me because he told me that they were saying, 'you cant go on holiday and not cheat on her'. I got really upset and he said it wasnt a big deal because he wont listen to them. Im not normally a jealous person when it comes to him and give him all the freedom etc he wants but this is really getting to me. How do you think i should handle the situation? Im going away before him and im not planning on cheating on him. RNT gave me some good advice and said that at least if he does cheat on me i know i will be the one in the right because i didnt cheat on him but it still upsets me to think of him with anyone else, let alone a holiday one night thing.:(

Comments

• Options
    When he's away, make sure you have a great time of it at home. Maybe you could see people that you haven't seen in a while, or just go clubbing with your mates. Not in the sense that you're gonna get off with other blokes, but it'll give you something to do to take your mind off him for a bit, even if its just for an hour or two.

Other than that, you're just gonna have to trust him. But it sounds like his mates are putting the paranoia into your head, its not like you're boyfriends doing anything to suggest he would cheat is it ?? But I would feel exactly the same in your position, only about a million times worse.

And remember, the relationship will be a lot stronger between you once you've both been away, and have resisted the temptation to stray.

Good luck
  • Options
    if your b/f cheats on you then youll know its time to move on with your life and be single a gain you dont want a man who doesnt think that its worth being faithful jujst to makes his friends happy
  • Options
    I'm in the situation NOW, and it's killing me.

My g.friend (Been with her for 9 months) is in Kavos for 2 weeks (11days to go now)

She's with her best friend who sleeps around, I trust her over here, and even over there to a certain degree.

She booked her hols before we were going out with each other, so unfair to ask her to cancel.

I'm trying to keep myself occupied but i'm worried that she might get up to something.

She's rung me twice already so i know she's thinking of me, it's just the thought of her in a club, he mates fucked of with some lad and she's there steaming with 100 lads trying it on for the next 13 days :mad:

I know this is going to help you, but spare a thought for me, i'm going through it at the mo!
  • Options
    I'm not going to post what I really think becasue it will upset you and you are looking for Reassurance here

Just keep telling yourself its you who he love and is coming home to and I sure he will miss you!

Does he have any wild oaks to sow then??

I biting my tougue here. I don't want to upset you so I'll shut up now.
  • Options
    maybe you should go on holiday together that could solve your problems.
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    maybe you should go on holiday together that could solve your problems.

our holidays were booked before we got together
  • Options
    Originally posted by novakovino
    I'm in the situation NOW, and it's killing me.

My g.friend (Been with her for 9 months) is in Kavos for 2 weeks (11days to go now)

She's with her best friend who sleeps around, I trust her over here, and even over there to a certain degree.

She booked her hols before we were going out with each other, so unfair to ask her to cancel.

I'm trying to keep myself occupied but i'm worried that she might get up to something.

She's rung me twice already so i know she's thinking of me, it's just the thought of her in a club, he mates fucked of with some lad and she's there steaming with 100 lads trying it on for the next 13 days :mad:

I know this is going to help you, but spare a thought for me, i'm going through it at the mo!

i went to kavos last year. she'll have a great time. i sympathise though mate:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    I'm not going to post what I really think becasue it will upset you and you are looking for Reassurance here

Just keep telling yourself its you who he love and is coming home to and I sure he will miss you!

Does he have any wild oaks to sow then??

I biting my tougue here. I don't want to upset you so I'll shut up now.

erm thanx i think:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Schnap me Baby

erm thanx i think:confused:

Tis okay, Are you going to cheat on your bf when you go away?
  • Options
    Schnap me Baby, Kavos might be great but I'm to Ibiza in August so it's her turn to worry!

I'm due a phone call from my misses this evening, I can usually tell if someit's up from her voice!

Oh well only 10 days to go
  • Options
    I think that is probably what my boyfriend thinks i have been going out with hiom almost a year and we are going on our hols together but i have also been invited away with my mate and her family he has told me it is not the thing you do when you have a boyfriend. but its alright for him to do as he pleases and referee every day where he like when he likes :mad:

You need to trust your boyfriend will he openly admitt to two timing. you will never know an answer so i think the best thing is to just accept the fact you never wilkl know. be trusting and if you find out otherwise then act on it. the only other thing you can do is stop your holiday and tell him to stop his and go away together but this is silly.
  • Options
    You're not... but maybe we're just old fashioned...?
  • Options
    Schnap me Baby. I think your bf will cheat on you, cos of...

Wild oats to sow, Boys will be boys and drink. Of course he going to cheat on you, I feel sorry for you. but you and him will survive it because he will lie about it and you got no other choice to believe him, his friends will not tell you what really happened on his holiday otherwise they wouldn't really be mates . ( That what i think will happen anyway)

I know if it was me and my girlfriend went away to somewhere like you boyfriends going I'd be upset and unhappy but I would think the worse, it be natural for me to do so, I guess i'm insecure type of guy

and what if you happen to cheat on him, while your drunk, enjoying the sun and having a good time, would you tell him???

I know you don't intend to, but you can't safely say what will happen can you. and on holiday we tend to let our guild's down

In short me and my mates are going on holiday. 2 of the lads going have girlfriends, I know one of the lads is planning on cheating on his gf (he not said that in so many words, but he a few comments that would imply he will) He been with his gf for 2-3 years, he only 19. I know he loves his gf and I think if he does cheat it will not take away any love he has for her, I'd call it sowing a few wild oats.

I'm sorry if I upset you in any way, but no doubt as you as your already paranoid about it you given it a lot of though, there no way of telling if you boyfriend will cheat but why not just think. "what you don't know wont hurt you". and just do lots of girlie nights out while he is a way?
  • Options
    Okay, so I'm optimistic, and old fashioned.

*shakes head sorrowfully and wanders off*
  • Options
    A person might not necesarily plan to cheat but it happens- miles from home, drink etc. Wish I could go on holiday and have a few hunks around me to choose from.
  • Options
    You people anit helping me:mad:

My g.friend is in Kavos for 2 weeks at the MO (9 Days to go)

She rung me last night and said she was thinking of me loades blah blah blah, she also said that the girl she has gone with has slept with someone already.

I'm gutted she's gone (She booked up beore we were together)

I found myself in the worst mood ever last night, when all my mates were staying in and i was found with an evening to think about it.

I'm going away with 6 friends in August to Ibiza, none are in relationships so it's going to be difficult but i honeslty think I wont do anything.

Any way any advice to get me through the next 9 days (Harmless no replays from you please:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by novakovino
    You people anit helping me:mad:

Any way any advice to get me through the next 9 days (Harmless no replays from you please:(

My advice would be don't kiss her Straight away. Wait until she had a shower and washed the sand and sex of her.:p :p:p

Only messing with you, you don't know if she has cheated, its likely she has if her best mates is the slut you make her out to be.

I'm not helping you much am I, okay your girlfriend is with you and has stayed faithful to you, I bet she not so much as look at another man while she been there.

Lol :rolleyes:

Anyway she coming home to you, All tanned I might add. be thankful your never know what she really gets up to. hope all works out for you:p

P.S I am sorry, I was only joking. I'm sure your girlfriend is a lovely girl and she should be happy she has a bf that misses her so much
    :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

Tis okay, Are you going to cheat on your bf when you go away?

no im not going to. i wouldnt want him to do it to me so why should it be exceptable to do it myself? I'm going on holiday on saturday!!! yay!!:D
  • Options
    is it classed as cheating though? it aint as if your married or bound together by law. Besides he is in a different country let alone area code!

Dont worry about it, let him go, dont think about it. if he cheats and doesnt say anything then no one gets hurt. Think of it as 'Ask no questions, tell no lies'. Just tell him to enjkoy himself. and not to do anything you wouldnt do!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eddie_Hitler
    is it classed as cheating though? it aint as if your married or bound together by law. Besides he is in a different country let alone area code!

so your saying that you wouldnt care if your gf went on holiday and cheated on you and didnt bother telling you? im sure you would mate