Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bands

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
im going back to listening to bands I uszed to listen to wen things were really really bad. jw does sertiline stop working for ppl
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey, sertraline can stop working if you've been taking it for so long, any anti depressant can, you're body can build up a tolerance to it.. if you're worried this is happening to you do you feel able to  speak to your GP/team about it? :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    I hav GP review soon
    Crazy mad insane
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @ellie2000 I thought I would check in to see how you're feeling. What do you think is making you want to listen to those bands again? 

As @BubblesGoesBoo mentioned, you can build up tolerance to some medications over time. Would you feel comfortable to talk to your GP about your medication in your review meeting?

Have you mentioned how you have been feeling recently to your friends/family? Mind have a really helpful article here about how to approach the conversation. 

Let us know how you get on in the review meeting, we are all here to support you <3
    Sometimes I feel it's the same years the abuse went on. I went out to avoid the abuse but I was wrong to do so, I keep hearing voices. To make them go away I  self harm. R u supposed to mix antidepressants, doctor sed take another pill as well as wat im taking. My family notices wen I cry etc I don't tell them first off. Friends r....I stay inside
    Crazy mad insane
    Is mind free
    Crazy mad insane
    Somedays I don't eat. 
    Crazy mad insane
    Nor bath or shower coz of flashbacks, then I feel uneasy. How do u clear ur head for abit
    Crazy mad insane
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie,:heart:

Just wanted to echo what has been said and offer you some hugs :heart:

You ask about how to clear your head for a bit? Colouring is a nice idea, or listening to some relaxing music, also watching a movie, going for a walk, just a few suggestions for you :heart:

How are you feeling about your GP review coming up? 

We are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I do drama now after school :) , I didn't go last yr coz I was receiving rape n death threats via txt and FB I'm not on FB nomore. I sleep instead to stop me from feeling anything
    Crazy mad insane
    Would taking 2 types of antidepressants at once mess u up more, why do the taste discusting
    Crazy mad insane
    Mite fall on radiator again
    Crazy mad insane