Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kindness

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    So cute , ordered these rattles for little haribo ( yes he already has a nickname ) ready for when he’s born ❤️

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    This is a beautiful thread  <3

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I dunno if counts. Indirectly trying to be kind. But cause went to Samaritans branch - they gave me a Samaritans card - one with like details of how to contact ect. So I left it on the bus hoping someone who is need of speaking to someone may just pick it up & even just think of it. But now all I can imagine is a bus cleaner getting annoyed of having to pick up another bit of "rubbish". 
    So maybe not that kind lol:////
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Attucally cannot stop crying , received this from a girl on Instagram who does care packages with those with mental health issues 🥰 so so sweet I cannot stop crying 😩

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited August 2019
    Attucally cannot stop crying , received this from a girl on Instagram who does care packages with those with mental health issues 🥰 so so sweet I cannot stop crying 😩

Aw that is kind!! <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    This thread :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Just reading through all the messages made me smile  :3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    The Mix.

My cat when she knows something is wrong so won't leave my side and gives me constant cuddles.

My mum when she distracts me from my crying after my accident.

My sister
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Today I helped a man on the tube. He got on the wrong tube, was really confused and didn't understand. I took him to the right tube line and made sure he knew where he was going.

Something small to do but I did it because I'm kind and always around to help people, no matter who it is
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Today an elderly woman fell as she was walking out the shop, me and someone else helped her to her car and made sure she was alright.. she did want me to drive her home but you know I'm not allowed to drive and that 😂 so we called a relative to come get her 😊 always willing to give anyone a hand, you never know what someone else is going through 💕 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

I'm so excited for mine. It looks so pretty!
    Awww @GreenTea your going to love it when it comes ❤️ I honestly just spent days looking at the photo and all the things I’ve now got in my anxiety box 
    I'm crying so much right now. So a year ago when I was made homeless and then found my feet ( where I'm living now) I reached out to a stranger and wrote a letter about how shit things where. Today I got a delivery and I'm crying so much. She sent me a package. I'm so grateful that someone actually cares about me. Im crying so much
    edited August 2019
    Got these in the post today from a friend and love them! 😁 hoping the self harm alternatives help 🤞 and the journal to show that even the small achievements are something to be proud of 😊💕 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Every week I buy a bunch of stuff like food, clothing essentials, sanitary products and put them in bags with a message to hand out to the homeless people in my area x Normally stay for a chat too so they have someone to talk to ❤️ There's one particular man that I've been going to for a long time, he talks to himself a lot and I'm forever seeing people make fun of him. I got to know him and he is actually an incredible drawer ✏️
    Mia_moo said:
    Every week I buy a bunch of stuff like food, clothing essentials, sanitary products and put them in bags with a message to hand out to the homeless people in my area x Normally stay for a chat too so they have someone to talk to ❤️ There's one particular man that I've been going to for a long time, he talks to himself a lot and I'm forever seeing people make fun of him. I got to know him and he is actually an incredible drawer ✏️
    Aw. Cute.  I love doing this but I haven't done this in awhile cause I can barely afford my own stuff ah
    My sister got me a Fanta Grape. Maybe I'm stupid but I thought the only did them in America but turns out not anymore 🙃

(Tastes like shit tbh. Lol but the kindness thought is there ahah)
    I fed chicken nuggets to the dogs although I was trying to get them to fuck off at first. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    This evening I received some really wonderful support from another charity focusing on one specific mental health issue.
    I'm really grateful for their kindness and support and I feel I can be a lot more open with these guys because I feel so safe and supported by their kindness!
    A moderator sent from another website sent me a very nice message when he could see that I was struggling.
    I fed the leftover chicken nuggets to my cats as the dogs only ate 4 of the nuggets. I ate 11, gave 4 to the dogs and gave the other 5 to my cats. I never knew that cats like/can eat chicken nuggets. They were inedible for me as it had been 24 hours. Cats were very grateful. 
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular

This thread is so heartwarming!

I love the care packages that you guys have been giving and receiving! I've sent a few cards recently just with little messages to let people know that they're not alone (one was going through a break up and another had exam stress) and it really does make a difference so it's so nice to see people here experiencing it too! <3

People on here are very kind xxx
    @Millie2787
    The police can be so helpful and understanding at times of need!  They always do their best with the limited resources and shortage of staff. I'm glad they are helping you find your dad and I hope he's found safe and well soon
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    I gave my Mum a costa voucher and milktray for doing her job interview  <3 
    And I gave my Mum and Dad chocolate for paying for me to go on holiday, but it may not count because they were way more kind  <3

My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

Bless old people, this old lady saw me buying a raspberry muffin and was saying she might get one for later but better not, as she was leaving she went to the counter but there was none left 🙁 (I hadn't eaten mine as was saving it for later) so caught her on the way out and gave her mine, she was nearly in tears! She was so thankful, I mentioned that everyone deserves a treat now and again 😊
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    I just wanted to share this quote with you all 

Image result for your stronger than you believe smarter than you think
    Had a meltdown in college yesterday so my 1-2-1 lady got me a little cake Bless her 💕

People have been very kind to me when felt like i was shit and believe in me & listened  <3