Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drugs

LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
I've fell out with my mum and she said she is never going to contact me again and she hasent for 2 days now so I think she means it this time because I had to say to family members that me and her had fell out (and at this point we hadent) it was to get money for drugs and I think she knows I am on drugs the way my money is going so quick. So I don't think I have a relationship with my mum anymore.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @Lubna

How are you feeling today? 

I'm sorry to hear you've fallen out with your mum and haven't heard from her for a few days. This sounds really tough to be going through. Is there anyone else in your family you can talk to who can possibly reach out to your mum? 

I hope you hear from her soon, keep us updated <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    I think I'm trying to be ok.

Nope, there is'nt.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Lubna said:
    I think I'm trying to be ok.

Nope, there is'nt.
    What drugs are you using and do you think your use is harmful?
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm using crack. No I don't think my use is harmful at all. I havent hurt anyone physically.
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Lubna

I just thought I would check in with you to see how your doing today? 

I'm sorry to read your going through a difficult situation. Its understandable you would feel unable to have a relationship with your mum, she is still your mum and I hope she can see that as well as your are still her child. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, would you consider having a relationship with your mum in future? Sometimes time can be a big healing power in situations. 

We are glad to hear you are safe and don't harm yourself or others. Is there anything we can help you with here at The Mix? We really do care about you and we would like to keep you safe. 

We hope you keep us updated and things will settle down soon. 

<3
    edited September 2019
    I'm doing ok today. I feel like hurting myself though but I'm at my friends house and I think it's disrepectful harming yourself in someone else's house especially using something that is her's. I might just ask her because we have a relationship like that I think. She asked me not long ago if she could and she did it infront of me.

Plus my friend and her partner are in their room and I'm in the lounge so I feel lonely and they've spent a lot of money on crack tonight so I know they are just having that to themselves that makes me want to buy but I have no money 😡😥

Me and my mum have made up now I think.

Nope, there is nothing Themix can help with just like to be listened to.
    edited September 2019
    I'm paranoid that Themix is going to send the police around because you now know I smoke crack. I don't know if we can talk about this on here😬 can someone tell me if this is ok to speak about on here?
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Listening is something The Mix is really good at doing, we are always here for you if you need to vent, cry or even just need a hug we are here, someone is always around to listen. 

You mentioned urges to hurt yourself, have you though about using distractions such as writing on yourself with pen, listening to music, biting into a chilli weird can help distract the mind from the though of harming oneself. Speaking to a friend can also really help I will share with you some link that help some of our users. 

NSHN - Distractions this is a pdf file by the NSHN which has lots of different distractions. Most people find something on there. 

Anna Freud This is a link to a site which has self-care tips and goes into more depth about each one (there is about 80+) different tips on there.

I'm just going to share with you some further support sites if you feel you need a bit more support more urgently at any point. 

Samaritans - there number is 116 123 they are open day and night. 
    PapyrusUk - you can Call on 0800 068 4141. Text them 07786209697. They are open 9am – 10pm weekdays, 2pm – 10pm weekends, 2pm – 10pm bank holidays. 
    The Mix - the Community Boards are always here if you want to talk (open 24/7) and even on the 1-2-1 Chats and on the Helpline open 4pm till 11pm. 

Keep reaching out to us. 

<3
    If they don't give me some licks tonight I'm not buying for them again but then I won't be able to buy for myself because It's my friends dealers so I'm too scared to ask her if I can have there numbers.
    edited September 2019
    Lubna said:
    I'm paranoid that Themix is going to send the police around because you now know I smoke crack. I don't know if we can talk about this on here😬 can someone tell me if this is ok to speak about on here?

Hi Lubna I've been an active member of this message board and this forum for 18 years now, and I and many other members have had thousands of discussion where we've been candid about our drugs us. It's a safe place to chat.

Though it's not something I've done a lot of, I have used crack in the past, but at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite I feel I should point out it is one of the most harmful recreational drugs there is. I have known, and still know people who use it and almost all of them have suffered negative effects to their lives. Please be careful.

Post edited by JustV on
    Weekender Offender 
    How do I tell my friend she is taking the piss out of the crack I buy? I'm so fucking angry she is acting so dodgy. She took a big chunk and then she went into her bedroom. Do you think that is dodgy!?
    Lubna said:
    How do I tell my friend she is taking the piss out of the crack I buy? I'm so fucking angry she is acting so dodgy. She took a big chunk and then she went into her bedroom. Do you think that is dodgy!?
    I think unfortunately that this behaviour is not uncommon with crack and cocaine.
    Cocaine is a drug that does have a habit of inducing selfish behaviour. 
    Weekender Offender 
    So I've just been accepted an overdraft so I want some crack but my friend won't get me some because she and her boyfriend has some in her bedroom🤔 but she says she is saving me my money and dosent want me to spend so she has ignored that I want some but when they have ran out she'll be soon wanting me to buy. I don't think that's fair.