Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Strictly come dancing!

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Hello all!
So this year I'm actually going to watch strictly! Any long term fans here or newbie?

This thread is to discuss strictly! The dances, the partnering, who you think will win, sad someone you liked left (use spoilers so those on catch up don't have it ruined) ;)

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    3 years ago the Telletubbies were on Strictly doing the theme tune dance. It shows that even Cbeebies characters can dance. It inspired me to learn the dance too. So hard but great to do. 
    I am so sad that Darcey stopped being a judge on Strictly. She was my favourite one and my inspiration to dance. Except for my various dance teachers in the past. I am proud of her for the wise decision she made though. 

The pair where the man only got 2 weeks notice about having to train was amazing. I cannot believe that they did so well. 32 out of 40 is so good for their first week. I can't remember their names but they blew me away.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dev and Diane!
    Kevlin and Otis!

By far my favourite couples on strictly this year!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Im sad jamie laing had to quit. Would like safforn barker to win because i watch her youtubes ha( dont think she will tbh tho ah)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Im sad jamie laing had to quit. Would like safforn barker to win because i watch her youtubes ha( dont think she will tbh tho ah)
    Was Jamie the one with the broken foot?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Jamie had to leave due to injury, sometimes accidents happen! Maybe he will be given the opportunity next year!
    edited September 2019
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:
    Yeah. The McVitie one lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Some of the music just doesn't fit with some of these dances.. 🙃
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:
    Yeah. The McVitie one lol
    Thank you. Poor dude.
    GreenTea said:
    Jamie had to leave due to injury, sometimes accidents happen! Maybe he will be given the opportunity next year!
    Hopefully. Accidents definitely do happen. I accidentally overstretched my back in dance so now I feel sore.
    I accidentally broke my arm when I fell over lol. Shit happens. ;)
    GreenTea said:
    I accidentally broke my arm when I fell over lol. Shit happens. ;)
    I hope that you are okay now.
    edited September 2019
    Actually ignore this comment. I'll keep that opinion to myself
    edited September 2019
    Its upsetting that saffron is treading on twitter because shes "not got a proper job" No need to hate on her for that, must feel horrible
    GreenTea said:
    Actually ignore this comment. I'll keep that opinion to myself
    Okay.
    Shaunie said:
    Its upsetting that saffron is treading on twitter because shes "not got a proper job" No need to hate on her for that, must feel horrible
    I know that I would feel horrible if I was in her situation. Why does hate even have to exist? 
    I really hope Kevlin and Otis wins and it's only week one!

Bumping this. 
    What time is it? Strictly time!
    The pair that just danced were amazing.
    Not watching it tonight as not in a good headspace, will watch tomorrow
    These were the two best couples:

Dev and Dianne
    Will and Jeanette 
    The vote is now open until 9:10pm. Also, keep dancing!

edited September 2019
    Never mind. 
    Don't want to be attacked because of my opinion. Sorry. 
    GreenTea said:
    Never mind. 
    Don't want to be attacked because of my opinion. Sorry. 
    It's okay

I hope that James and Luba get eliminated. They were not even that good.

• ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Watched it last year but it goes on forever so might watch it but not sure x
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

Results tonight about who the first pair will be to get eliminated!
    James and Luba were eliminated! Just found out from a spoiler website.

https://www.strictlyspoiler.com/

That might not be true kasa.