Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    First day back at work was actually ok.
    My timetable isn't brilliant but we can work with it
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Not having dinner tonight. 🙂🙂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Went onto another support site this evening and they were so interested and supportive of me going to work today and it just made me feel the little bit more recognised and I appreciated it
  • Options
    My messages to Samaritans only go to one branch now (cause I used too much they changed it) I haven't replied today so they're asking if I'm okay cause gone quiet and I guess that's actually nice they're checking on me even without me messaging 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    We finally found dad the early hours of this morning and hes home now ❤️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    This is really great to hear <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I am so happy for you and your family. It must have been such a relief. Glad that he is back home now.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    First day back at college wasn’t so bad 😊 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Majorly challenged the ED voice today with this at the hospital 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Watched pointless a few nights ago and their was a music round and I got a pointless answer right, it was the drop of jupiter by train and I also was the only one who knew it in my family too

May not seem like much but I normally don't ever get answers right on TV shows I take it as a great thing to be proud of 🤣
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    College is going good so far :) so glad I think I've made the right decision in leaving school early!!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Woke up feeling a bit better, taken my prn just incase my mood slips again.. can we just pretend yesterday never happened? 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Teddy is getting having castration next week. (his balls cut off). Will be no baby teddys. Risk with every surgery but he does need them off
  • Options
    Had a wonderful evening with my Portuguese friends, they showed us some of their culture this evening and we showed them true British culture with scones! Jam and cream of course! (With tea)
  • Options
    I had a nice day yesterday (well until i get home and felt bad). Went shopping in lincoln with my family. Got clothes cause need new wardrobe and i didnt pay for any of it :)
  • Options
    Work today has been better. 
  • Options
    I have such caring friends around me! 
  • Options
    Re arranged today for tomorrow instead. Can't wait, shopping and the conservation park again! Love living so close to a large city! So much to do!
  • Options
    Got disaronno, vodka & kopparberg
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I found this old present from my grandmother, it's a drink coaster.

It says, "Comforting and affectionate. A big hearted person." It was nice to find because I think really little of myself :lol:<3
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Only good thing about birthdays are old friends message you and kinda have to reply then cause need to say thanks. Even tho i have replied for actually months. Now i have plans to meet up with a friend on wedsday  :)
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Think the Dr wanted to sign me off work for a bit again, til I pointed out that 75% of the time I'm on sick leave I end up in hospital (and I need the money) so she ditched that idea 😊 but she thinks I would benefit from time off so I suggested reduced hours which she agreed to, which works out better cause I won't wear myself out to the point of self destruction and I still have work to keep me focused and out of hospital 😊 I could go on but basically she was really nice and helpful and got a few things cleared up 😊 overall a really good appointment, just wish I knew her name in case I need to see her again 😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Birmingham has become my new faviourate city to shop at. So big and so many shops & branded shops!!  Going to go somewhere again  but only if my sister can take the time off. Would wanna go birmingham again but dunno if they would but need have something in mind to atleast look forward to with a week or something 
  • Options
    Had an emotional meltdown but didn't feel embarrassed or angry about it. Instead I see it as a positive because I'm letting my emotions show instead of hiding them up until it bubbles over I to something much bigger
  • Options
    Feeling in an okay mood today. There are 3 new vacancies with the NHS at a Band 4 (quiet good considering my sisters therapist at band 5) for peer support worker at recovery college to help those who are being discharged. I dont think it includes needing to be able to drive! And i think im feeling hopeful that maybeeee somethint im paraiond may get better to be able to go out more. 

I need help to apply though applying with the NHS is compeltly different to other jobs so may ask my sister on how i do it 
  • Options
    Got an evening job!
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I've taught myself If You Can't Hang by Sleeping With Sirens :) (As usual, here's the tab if anyone's interested). Might take me a bit of time to play it like a pro but I still think it's pretty cool haha.
  • Options
    After really struggling recently, I've been given some amazing support from friends on another support service, I'm so glad I met them and that we can gossip and support each other. I feel somewhat better after talking with them. 
  • Options
    I didnt know where else to put this lol. But is it bad that i find when teddy is scared and cries just the cutest thing going 😂😭😂😭😂 soooo cute. Cause he just comes running to me and he literally just like tried to get as close as possible. And just feel like he thinks i can protect him. Fire works been going on so hes so scared. Idek if suppose to comfort them or ignore them. Cause maybe conforting them may say "omg this is scarey"