Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sad and angry

ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
So theres a trip at my school which is once in a lifetime to go to equador for a month which is  5000 pounds and i dont get how ppl go on every trip and their parents pay yet ive only been on one and I cant go ovbs its too expensive
it sounds really greedy i know just it looks really good and theres no way i can fundraise it just annoys me x 
I sound really greedy sorry x 
Then to make it better my mom gives me a rant about how we cant go and i asked weather i cud use money my parents have saved for me to go to uni and stuff and she thought i was out my mind like wtf only asking u know  :s

My feelings are bigger on the inside.
 "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
The joy is worth the pain.

Comments

• ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Someone pls just calm me down x
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Ciara, 

Really sorry to hear what your going through, it's great that you're talking on here about things. We care about you and are here for you. :heart:

It's hard when you can't be involved with school trips, do you think maybe you could do something nice for yourself to help you feel better about the situation? Maybe have a small treat or something?

How are you feeling today? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Things are better now x
    People at school still go on bout it and how amazing it will be but I've decided to create a jar and put spare pounds in it so I can do something like it when Im older. (Like backpacking round the world which will hopefully be way cheaper)
    When I get jealous I might do some art next time to distract myself  <3
    Thanks x

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thats very positive to hear Clara! 

I know it may seem awful and its perfectly fine to feel jealous but you can always save up for the future.

There are cheap coaches you can use to travel the UK and even go afar. i travel up and down the country on coaches and it doesn't break my bank :)

You can also use national express and mega bus to go places like France or Amsterdam.

If you save up and book cheap ferries and flights you can go backpacking places without spending too much, 

If it's something you want to do save up over time and when you get older you'll be able to travel loads of places :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Sorry that you're feeling this way - of course it's frustrating when there's a trip that friends can go on but you're not able to. I'm sure you can understand that £5000 is a lot of money for your parents to spend on a trip - it's the equivalent of almost 4 months' minimum wage!

But actually schools tend to overcharge for these kind of trips - you could book the trip yourself for much less, as return flights are under £600 and accommodation can be a few hundred pounds if you find a good deal. So don't worry if you can't go now - once you're working, you can plan your awesome trip to Ecuador and not spend a fortune!

For now, if you're really willing to travel, you can get some fantastic trips to Europe - maybe that's something to considerx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.