Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The “last movie you watched” thread

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Frozen. It is happy but also has sad and scary parts.

Currently watching the 2014 version of Annie. It is amazing. The cheerleading squad at school decided to do a version of Hard Knock Life and it was great fun to join in with. The teacher still doesn't even know. Haha.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kung Fu Panda 2 last night 😂
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    The Lion King. 
    Didnt cry 😭
    Simba was too cute
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited August 2019
    Shaunie said:
    The Lion King. 
    Didnt cry 😭
    Simba was too cute
    Simba is so cute!

Did you see baby Pumba too? 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Shaunie said:
    The Lion King. 
    Didnt cry 😭
    Simba was too cute
    Simba is so cute!

Did you see baby Pumba too? 

Awwwwww. They are both so so so so so cute. It shows that Disney isn't just for young children. <3:)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Hate to ruin the cute movie theme going on, I last rewatched Jigsaw 😂
    Finding Dory. Such a cute film. 
    New Year's Eve. Um don't think I would recommend. Was all over the place. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Currently watching Mama Mia here we go again. Finally seeing it after so long of not being able to find it
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Ex Machina. Very thought provoking and incredibly well acted. One of the best movies I've seen for a while. Alex Garland's directing debut as well, though you wouldn't know it.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • knownaslonerknownasloner Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    edited August 2019
    Watched ‘(500) Days of Summer’ yesterday.

A good film with a powerful message about love and relationships not always being what you expect. I think a lot of people would relate to it, especially to the main character Tom.
    The zookeepers wife (again)
    It's one of my favourite war related films. It's so heartbreaking and is based on a true story about a the owners of a polish zoo that helped save 100s of people during the war. the zoo is still going and is one of the most bustiest in Europe
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Last film I watched was The Theory Of Everything which surprisingly up until that point I had never seen before! I watched it in one of my health and social lessons last week. Highly recommend it but make sure you have tissues handy 💗😂

Butterfly x
    @Butterfly23

I've seen that film! I also had never heard of it till we watched it at work! Last time I checked it was on Netflix!

• Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Ahh @GreenTea! I found it so inspirational 💗
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Brain on Fire, such an emotional film, quite sad in parts 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Brain on Fire, such an emotional film, quite sad in parts 
    I've seen this film too. It's a really inspiring story but really sad <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    As I've cancelled my day out (fuck you anxiety) I found free willy on Netflix and made myself decaffeinated coffee and gone back to bed!
    Time for a free willy movie marathon!
    @GreenTea love these films! This is worth a watch on YouTube. It's about how they freed the real-life whale that was in the movie <3.

Enjoy your movie marathon :) 
    @Aife I'll watch it after! I'm so happy free willy is on Netflix. It's literally my favourite film by far
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Love , Simon - I always cry at this even though I watched it so many times :( 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Parent Trap <3
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I've watched a couple of movies recently on netflix, 

Tallgirl (PG)
    A Simple Favour (15) and when i say its a 15 i mean its probably more like an 18 due to the content. 
    Its Kind of a funny story (12) I watched as well recently. Its again quite powerful - It has Lauren Graham in from Gilmore Girls. 

I've had a lot of free time this week. :joy:
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Wanna watch Fantastic Beasts 2, new aladin, and alice through the looking glass second time x :st
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Run fatboy run - so funny! I’ve not seen this in ages I forgot how good it is :) 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    To the bone
    Titanic!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Love Exposure

Easily one of my top 10 films.

A coming of age 4 hour epic that mixes themes such as love, religion, upskirt photography, martial arts, cross-dressing, fanaticism and dangerous cults.

Only in Japan...

Weekender Offender 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Kasa2103 said:
    Finding Dory. Such a cute film snap that was my last film I didn’t think I would enjoy it but I did