Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anxiety☹️

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
Hey so,

I think I’m struggling again at the moment and I have especially noticed it today, just feeling like a burden to everyone and like I have no one to talk to, a few things have upset me and realised that I’m not as okay as I thought I am and still have a long way to go. 

In theory, I’m doing well but I think sometimes people mistake doing well with just functioning, and I think with myself I definitely find the two confusing. 

I am not particularly low but I am really anxious today and I’m trying to decide whether I want to try to keep myself in an okay mindset or not. Which is so contradictory as I know what’s best for me but I also know whats the easiest. 

Other things are going on health wise which is causing the anxiety to suffer as I worry a lot about my health even if nothing is actually wrong. It makes me just feel like I don’t care, and makes it difficult to look after myself. 

Just needed the rant, trying to stay distracted and hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow 💓

Butterfly x

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Anxiety is truly horrible :(

I can relate to that sort of thing. It can be so tiring and challenging to try to keep yourself in an okay mindset. You're doing well with everything and I understand what you mean with people mistaking feeling well with functioning.

I don't think of you as a burden at all, you're a really nice, caring, loved and important person and if by any chance anyone thinks you're a burden, they're bonkers. You always have us to talk to <3

Do you want to talk any more about the other things going on health wise and the things that have upset you? Let us know if we can help, sending my hugs <3
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello @Kathleen07

Thank you, you are really lovely 💓

Sorry the reply isn’t long, I really do appreciate your support though x
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Butterfly23

I'm sorry to hear you're having a dip today, remember progress isn't linear <3 so this doesn't mean you're no longer making progress. It's good to be functioning but you're right, there's a real distinction between just coping and actually doing well. I think it's good to acknowledge that, you're clearly very self-aware. You said yourself you know what's best for you, so I hope you do whatever will be best, but again, forgive yourself if you don't. A dip is only a bump in the road, it doesn't mean you're off the wagon completely!! 

Sending hugs and hope you feel better soon <3 we're all here for you in the meantime

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy!

i agree with what others have said above <3. Feelings of anxiety is awful. I can understand sometimes it feels like you do not care and like hard to look after yourself. In your posts i always feel like you realise when things are getting bad and you have some strength in there to want to improve it. Sometimes the hardest thing is whats best.  You deserve to not have such intense feelings <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Thank you @Shaunie and @Lucy307 the support is appreciated 💓

Just feel like it’s a losing battle anxiety wise as last night, woke up to what I think was a panic attack. Didn’t sleep at all, and today it’s like I’m just in my head like I’m not very calm. 

Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep better tonight though x
  • dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    So sorry to hear @Butterfly23 I know what anxiety is like 
    Thank you @dogmad20💓