Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trouble Sleeping...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep, just wondering how everyone else manages to get to sleep when they are having problems! Im online now even though im working early but i cant get to sleep:( Any advice plzzz:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok well when people cannot get to sleep it usually means that they are usually excited, happy or worried... If anythings on your mind just forget about it! but when I can't get to sleep theres nothing better to do than come onto the site and post all night long until I fall asleep at the keyboard lol.. Sorry that I am not much help! but have you tried the tablets they are suppose to work brilliantly! :):)
    Try some of the following:
    1. Don't eat after 7pm
    2. Have a least meal containing something like pasta or a baked potato.
    3. Before you go to bed have a warm milky drink.
    4. If this has no effect, try a herbal tea like Valerian tea before going to bed.
    5. Don't read in bed.

If all else fails, see your GP.
    sleep tight.
    Things like being online, doibng work or even watching TV just before bedtime is bad; reading, baths and warm caffeine-free drinks are good. Honey is good for assisting sleep.

If you work in the evening, allow at least an hour before trying to sleep, in order to unwind. And avoid the TV, the computer, caffeinated drinks and showers.
    u can get tablets to help you sleep from holland and barrets. i tried using ones called quiet life last week and all they do is help you to relax so you can get to sleep. worked a treat for me
    Thanks everyone....its just I have trouble sleeping and Im on prozac for depression which doesnt help...do you know if you can take sleeping tablets whilst your on Prozac?:confused:
    im 13 and i also have the prob of not being able to get to sleep
    any1 got any ideas of what it can be or what i can do to let me get to slepp,
    luv lou
    One thing that really sets me off to sleep is having a really hard workout at the gym, coming back, having a hot shower, drying myself of and wrapping myself up in bed and listening to chillout music - perfection :D
    so what ya saying is that evry night i should do some dancing or someat, then have a shower, then listen to music.
    for how long though. how long should i listen to music for. luv lou
    Just put on chill out (the best stuff ever with chilled beats - speak to J if you need to know more ;)) and just fall asleep, don't look at your clock "got 15 minutes to go" otherwise it won't work. Just put it on repeat very quietly, so you can hear it, but so it's no obtrusive, just in the back ground and your sorted :D
    yeah i will do that, but if i leave my music on all night, it will wear out my battery and cost loads of money
    luv lou
    Don't you have a hifi or stereo tha plugs into the mains?
    yeah i dohave a hi fi, but i am only 13 and so therefore live with my mum and if i put the hifi on she will know its on and tell me to turn it off.
    if i have a radio on with ear phones. she wont know i have them on.
    do you got what i mean
    luv lou
    The thing is you'll be uncomfortable wearing earphones. Just put your stereo on VERY quiet, so you can just hear it. The whole point is to have it on quietly just in the background. You don't need it on very loud.
    i cant chance it, my mum hearing it an all.
    i will just make do with my earphones
    luv lou
    p.s. thanks for all your advice