Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Reasons to stay alive

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
edited August 2019 in Positivity Corner
Title speaks for itself. :) Why should you or other people stay alive?

Note: try to avoid unhealthy reasons - keep it uplifting :star:
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    edited August 2019
    I really love this idea Mike! It's ace!

My reasons so stay alive are:

-My family and friends
    -To be able to volunteer
    -To hopefully become a mental health nurse
    -To go to new cute and cosy cafes
    -To play new video games
    -To have fun days out and holidays
    -To be able to get a partner
    -To go out for nice meals
    -To have picnics in the fields with friends
    -To smile and laugh
    -To find new TV shows
    -To have my nails and hair done
    -To cuddle cute animals

Probably more aha! 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2019
    I love this ! 

1.My Louie 

2.My aspiration to be a nurse 
    3.determination to finish college 
    4.Harry who is due end of October/beginning of November 
    5.be able to start a family of my own 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Love this thread :) here's mine..
    1 - my friends and family
    2 - my cat
    3 - to write in cute coffee shops
    4 - my determination to prove my team wrong
    5 - to have proper belly laughs
    6 - trips away
    7 - to see new places
    8 - because life is worth living - there is light at the end of the tunnel (and no it's not a train like I believed for so many years) and I think im finally starting to see the light :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    To hug dogs
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • milliemillie Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    1. Beautiful places (The beach, woods, lakes, hill & mountain tops)
    2. Animals (My pets, but also wild animals. Birds, butterflies, hedgehogs  <3)
    3. Music 
    4. Coffeeeee
    5. Driving places and going on road trips

• Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    Ooh its like you went straight in my mind and picked my favourite things out as well @millie :) and also, books! All the stories that I have yet to read. My favourite form of escapism by far  <3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    1) Family
    2) My girlfriend
    3) The performing arts group
    4) My friends (out of school)
    5) The Mix
    6) My cats
    7) My best friend's dogs
    8) Hugs
    9) Teddy bears
    10) Music
    11) Beautiful holidays
    12) You lovely people <3
    13) Orange juice
    14) Homemade pizza (yum yum yum!)
    15) Puppies 
    16) Kittens
    17) Cheerleading 
    18) Sports
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Because nobody else will finish that chicken korma in the fridge.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Because of work, might seem like a silly one, but work have been SO understanding and supportive of my mental health. When I first ended up sectioned I thought they would be angry as we were short staffed, but my manager just said 'your job is safe, it doesn't matter how long it takes just come back better' that stuck with me, little did they know I would be off for a year 😂  but as promised I had a job to come back too. The list could go on with story's like this, I will never find a work place more understanding, my colleagues have seen me breakdown, but they've never judged, and have called me brave and inspirational for all the awareness I have raised 😊 basically they're just the best 😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    To see the change in seasons <3

It shows that as the world changes so do we - so if we're having a bad time, just think of it as a season and remember just as seasons change, so does our life and you will be happy again!
  • maddie050maddie050 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    all of the above.  :#  B)  :p  <3
    Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

• maddie050maddie050 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    I love this ! 

1.My Louie 

2.My aspiration to be a nurse 
    3.determination to finish college 
    4.Harry who is due end of October/beginning of November 
    5.be able to start a family of my own 

What an adorable dog @Millie2787!!
    Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

Because the creator of Sister Act is sure to make a 3rd film

To find awesome things like this, this candle bleeds blood out of the eye sockets and I am so excited! But it's to pretty to burn, dilemma? 😂 
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular

To watch yourself grow and see how much you're capable of achieving
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran

Crazy mad insane
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    mags98 said:

To watch yourself grow and see how much you're capable of achieving
    Thats a nice one @m@mags98
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    to read new books and get lost within the pages
    to achieve your dreams (or even just small goals)
    to see something and think 'I have to show that to XYZ, they'll love it!'

'You will one day experience joy that matches this pain. You will cry euphoric tears at the Beach Boys, you will stare down at your baby daughter’s face as she lies contentedly asleep in your lap, you will make great friends, you will eat delicious foods you haven’t tried yet, you will be able to look at a view like this one and feel the beauty, there are books you haven’t read yet that will enrich you, films you will watch while eating extra large buckets of popcorn, and you will dance and laugh and have sex and go for runs by the river and have late night conversations and laugh until it hurts. Life is waiting for you. You might be stuck here for a while, but the world isn’t going anywhere. Hang on in there if you can. Life is always worth it'. - Matt Haig
    to find glittery face masks! I am now a Cullen :lol:  
    just thought of another one! day 3 of 365 days of self care is 'see' I am SO thankful I am able to see all the beautiful things in this world, its something most take for granted, but having a granny who is blind, it makes me appreciate it that little bit more <3
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I just want to stick around to see how One Piece ends. 
    Also everything people manage to do with bread, so many tasty things to try.
    I want to finish writing my book. 
    Breath of the Wild 2- defo got to be here to play that. 
    :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    not really a reason but don't know where else I would put this, maybe ranty thread? I don't know...

Theres a thing going round on twitter about if your first attempt succeeded how long it would of been (kinda depressing but triggered so many emotions) It would of been 8 years for me...

If I had died 8 years ago, I would of never met my nephew, I wouldn't of been able to see him grow, cry at his school concerts, I wouldn't of met half of my best friends I currently have, I wouldn't of met my big sister for the first time, I wouldn't of been able to see my 3 best friends become parents, I wouldn't of been able to have my first legal drink at a pub, I wouldn't of gotten my first job, I wouldn't of seen or done all the amazing things I have. I wouldn't of been able to ride in a monster truck for my birthday and crush cars (that was fun!) the list could go on...

so I guess my reason to stay alive, is because of all the stuff i would miss out on, the people I haven't met yet and the places and things i haven't seen :)<3