Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you looking forward too?

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mike said:
    Mike said:
    Looking forward to a chill evening tonight, either playing some Surviving Mars or maybe watching a movie. Might even paint my nails. :)
    What colour will you paint them @Mike
    i think I might get my nails done when I’m paid and I’m kinda likening a purple&black vibe at the moment 
    Nice! I usually go for black but have been tempted to go with black plus a colour - I was considering purple or blue. :)

Purple for the win!!!!!!
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2019
    @Mike definitely go with a medium ish colour purple . Lol nail advice form the one who has no nails because she bites them 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    My ENT appointment on the 3rd of September. I'm done with you, vocal damage. I'm going to find a cure for you :P I hope. They'll probably just tell me there's nothing that can be done or something. But I hope whatever the results are, it will give me a better sense of direction.
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Being able to walk again without crutches!
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Getting a new lizard tomorrow! 🤗
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Either playing a bit of Surviving Mars (I need some screenshots to share!) or watching some House of Cards tonight, depending on my energy levels. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Swimming tomorrow. I haven't been in a swimming pool for ages 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Getting henna done tomorrow  or Monday and then my nails done Tuesday morning 🥰
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited August 2019
    Getting my level 1 and 2 BSL qualifications soon (if i pass the test at the end.) I am doing a 10 hour course over the next year. It is at my own pace with 30 modules, dialogue and 1 test.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    A few days away with the big sister and nephews, were going to be staying near the beach. The weather isnt that good for us but I'm sure we will have a nice time :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    Going to Birmingham with my sisters next month. Big primark 🙃And looking forward to going on a train cause haven't been on one for ages 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited August 2019
    Just saw this yesterday! Can't wait for this to come out. Love this film <3

https://youtu.be/A2ZDDU34gYw
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Awww @Shaunie your love the primark 
    edited September 2023
    Yay!. Have you been? Did you get much?
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Yay!. Have you been? Did you get much? I'm excited just to go to primark cause I don't go into the primark where I live cause I work there lol. It looks so big!
    I go to it a lot because it's not far from me. Don't tend to buy much as it's always a mess. The cafes are cute tho and there is a barbers and salon and stuff in it
    Shaunie said:
    Yay!. Have you been? Did you get much? I'm excited just to go to primark cause I don't go into the primark where I live cause I work there lol. It looks so big!
     @Shaunie I’ve been once as I don’t live far but don’t like getting the train to Birmingham as I have to swap a few times ! I found it overwhelming to start with Becuase everything was just everywhere lol ! 
    Going to give myself a day off tomorrow, to just relax and do what ever I enjoy, watch shows, play video games, spend time with mum. I deserve it and hopefully it’ll help me to feel better 💗💓
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    I'm looking forward to going on holiday this Saturday!
    My period stopping.
    When there are less spiders everywhere

cause it is scaring the shit out of me 😭😭. So about late October.
    Like I have literally been waking up twice a night just to check my room for spider cause get scared they come o me at night. Like I just wake up and think shit where are the spiders then go back to sleep & been dreaming about spiders. And I have to all my skin covered which is not greatest for sleep (except my face ofc) And I everytime I go into a room, more later in the day - I check all the walls and floors before going in. I don't have a phobia of spiders or anything but yeah I'd rather not have 8 legs crawling on me 🤢
    Getting a key to the toilets at work 👌 can't wait. Currently don't have one and have to find someone who does and it's frustrating
    End of term. School was absolutely awful and I never want to go back 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm looking forward to getting a new computer. My current one completely burnt out on me this week :bawling: so the sooner the better!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    17th July 2020- summer holidays. 6 whole weeks away from hell!
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    edited September 2019
    @Riley yeah I know that feeling of when your laptop does that. 

@Kasa2103 there is always something to look forward to long term, I really hope there is something coming up that you can look forward to as well :)

I'm looking forward to having a weekend to relax. 

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend after a very busy first week back at college 🤗
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Camping with a couple of friends! Going to uninstall basically everything on my phone too and have a proper disconnect. Should be good. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Going back to college on Monday , I’m in desperate need to escape out of the house for longer than a hour or 2
    edited September 2019
    Next weekend to be free from work!!!  I think That is like the first time in over 3 years To have an actual weekend. (Apart from calling in sick but stilll idek it ive called in sick for both two days)
    Tomorrow im going on a train and shopping!!!! Love to do both