Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Great British Bake Off

PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
Image result for bake off gif
So I thought I would start a thread for the GBBO as the new series started last week - please tell me it's not just me watching!

Who's your favourite in this series so far? Jamie is a disaster but I love him <3 I'm interested to see how David does because he is cooking with a healthy twist which has recently become a hobby of mine :)  

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited September 2019
    Jamie got eliminated! :(

Alice is my favourite.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Please use spoilers for this thread!! Some of us haven't caught up yet
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I love GGBO! 

I love everyone at the moment! They all have such unique ideas and tastes and I’m excited to see what else they bake next week. 😊

Butterfly x
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I love bake off!

I'm not sure who my favourite is yet, but there's some really great people in it this year!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm behind on bake off only caught up yesterday. I'm with aife I dont have a favourite but I'm remember names this year which is unusual haha

Love this thread @PoppyB
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Yay I was hoping there would be a bake off thread!
    I agree love Jamie, he's hilarious! On the first episode me and my family chose our winners - and if any of us win then we will get some sort of prize! I went for Henry :heart: 
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    edited September 2019
    Pretty much agree with everyone, I don't have a favourite yet

but it was sad to see Jamie go :cry:

Does anyone watch the GGBO Extra Slice- its really funny!
    Post edited by TheMix on
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I love bake off!! I watch it with my mum, usually on a Wednesday night as we're busy on Tuesday nights. I don't have a favourite yet, like them all! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    I was genuinely so sad that Jamie left :'( 
    Bring on bread week! Can't wait to see how Helena spookifies it this time!  =) 

@ClaraOswald I love Extra Slice! 

@independent_ I also watch it on a Wednesday night but it's so difficult to avoid spoilers!

Thanks to the mod that put a spoiler in my post  <3
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕

• merceraj35merceraj35 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Bake off is a tradition with me and my mum that we always watch together
    Henry is my favourite

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I really need to catch up before the next episode
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    @ClaraOswald I didn't even know there was an Extra Slice, thank you so much for introducing me haha! Is it on the same day as bake off? 
    @coc0mac its on Fridays at 8:00 to 9:00 x enjoy x =)

• CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    I love Bake Off! I did like Amelia because she's from my home town, now I like Rosie! Mostly because of the cute animals in the video clips about her!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2019
    David shouldnt of won it. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2019
    & Im gunna watch junior bake off. Maybe it will be more to my level lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I was going to make one of those cakes with apples but I forgot the custard😭