Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quote a day thread ♥️

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    “We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything—what a waste!”

A gem from Michael Stuhlbarg's character in Call Me By Your Name.

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    not a quote but I have this printed to remind me of self care
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Depression lies, ana lies, Mia lies, my thoughts lie sometimes 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    "When your head hits the pillow tonight, remind yourself that you are alright. You are doing a great job. Be patient with yourself, and remember that big things are achieved not all at once, but one day at a time."
    love this
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I love that one haha! @GreenTea

I have a whole album of these on my phone.

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

• mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
     💓 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
     💓 
    I saw that on Instagram this morning, I love all on the board 😍
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

• Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    So this is from the book I've been reading, 1984;

the best books, he perceived, are those that tell you what you already know.

This really resonated with me and I think its applicable to in all sorts of contexts, not just books. Like on The Mix when you read other people's posts or write your own and find people share the same feelings or experiences and are able to say things that you've been thinking or feeling but you've not been able to put into words. It feels like a breath of fresh air having that kind or understanding and the satisfaction of reading something and thinking "That's exactly it, and you're not alone". 
    need to keep reminding myself this

Something I got told last night “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    Do what you want to do cause someone will have a problem no matter what you do. 

It goes something like that and it is very true. 
     O
    I found this on Pintrest <3