Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My Girlfriend left me due to my mental health issues

NitwamNitwam Posts: 19 Settling in
so im short my ex left me due to a few mental health issues i had such as anxiety which i would feel when she was out and i wanted to know what she was up too
basically it got too much for her and im not living alone feeling very down and dont know what to do!

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Nitwam

Sending you massive hugs, I'm sorry you're going through this <3 break ups are really difficult at the best of times, but I'm sad to hear they left you due to issues you had? Do you want to talk more about those? It is really, really common to have anxiety when your partner goes out and a lot of the time there is a reason for that (previous relationships going wrong etc). I used to be like that too due to a previous partner cheating, so can relate to that <3

Are you finding ways to distract yourself? I think after a break up you need time to heal and distraction like working out/ going for walks /watching a new series etc might help. Is there anything you really enjoy doing that might help? 

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Sending hugs! im so sorry this happened, as Lucy said try and use distractions to help, I don't know what else to say just sending hugs <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Charley7Charley7 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Im so sorry about this, its never nice when things like this are out of your control. Try to stay strong <3
  • NitwamNitwam Posts: 19 Settling in
    @Lucy307

Just been playing video games and going on walks to distract myself

• tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I'm sorry to hear of that, it must be difficult. Those distractions sound like a good start.
    Maybe you could use this time to try and grow as a person and try and improve on things but generally just getting involved in other activities that are unrelated will help you the most.
    I hope you can find a way to heal.
  • alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    Hey @Nitwam

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this. I just wanted to assure you that we are here for you and you're not alone. Distracting yourself by playing video games and going on walks is a great idea. 

I just wanted to mention a quote I heard recently
    Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on to the path to the best things that will ever happen to us - Nicole Reed

Sending hugs during this difficult time <3
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Sorry to hear! Hope you're doing okay, and that you feel a little better soonx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ValerialettoValerialetto Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    Hello @Nitwam,
    I'm sorry to hear that and send you hugs! <3
    I can imagine how difficult it is, but time heals for sure. All the advices above are good about distracting yourself and I really hope you could find something that help you not to think of your situation all the time :)
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular

Hi @Nitwam

I'm so sorry to hear about your break up - sending you hugs!

I think the advice that you've been given here is really great - just wanted to add an article from The Mix about dealing with break ups:

https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/relationships/how-do-i-get-over-a-break-up-4176.html

Have you spoken to a professional about your anxiety?

Mind has some useful info about self-care for anxiety which could help: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/self-care-for-anxiety/#.XWTtqk1YaUk

I also just wanted to let you know that you are not alone - as @Lucy307 said anxiety in a relationship is normal and it might be useful to have a read of this, just to help you in the future and let you know that you can get through being in a relationship and having anxiety:

https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/relationships/is-anxiety-affecting-your-relationship-6012.html 

• honeyxxhoneyxx Posts: 65 Boards Initiate
    ❤❤❤❤