Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GCSE results day support thread

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited April 2021 in The Class of The Past
Hey!

I just wanted to wish good luck to everyone receiving their GCSE results today. I saw a really nice quote on this Instagram account below that I wanted to share :)

If you didn't get the results you were hoping for or feeling unsure on what to do next, there are lots of options open to you. If you're looking for some support today, comment below and we'll all be here to listen and support you. 

You can also reach out to any of our services to talk about anything today:
  • Group chats - run Sundays-Thursdays from 8-9.30pm. Share what's on your mind with a group in Support Chat or join a General Chat to hang out and have fun.
  • Our helpline are open from 4-11pm everyday of the week. You can call them on 0808 808 4994 or use our one-to-one webchat service.
  • Crisis Messenger - our text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. You can text THEMIX to 85258.
  • Have a read of our articles on coping with low GCSE results and what to do should after GCSEs

We're all here for you today :star:

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by Emma_ on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I know I should be happy that I’ve come away with merits in both my subjects but I’m not becuase it means I didn’t do any better in my resits for Child development. I didn’t even get a pass equivalent to the level course I’m doing :( The grade boundaries were so slow for the exam aswell I only had to get 22 to get a Pass but couldn’t even manage that and ended up with a L1 pass when I’m on a level 2 . All I can say is thank god for coursework 🙃
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling about your results @Millie2787. It can be really tough not getting the results you were hoping for. How are you feeling about everything? 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hmmm I’m not sure but this means I won’t be able to go onto and do L3 Children’s , play and learning as the teacher said if I got a L1 pass in the exam again there wouldn’t be much point doing her course as exams make up a lot of the course so I think i will have to do the L3 that my other subject was in which is Health and social care - but I have course confirmation on Tuesday and I’ve just been spending the day drawing to try and keep my Mind off it all 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I am definitely freaking out about taking my GCSE's in year 11. We do pre-mocks in year 9, the actual mocks in year 10 and the actual thing in year 11. Pre-mocks is just to see what subjects are best for you.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Haven't done GCSES yet, starting this year but got my results for my health and social care and functional skills english/maths,

My course is a distinction merit, and i passed my english and maths so can't complain! 

hope everyone got what they wanted! <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    Hey @Kasa2103

Although exams can be a scary prospect, it is important to remember that they are not the be all and end all. As the picture posted by Aife says, many people are very successful without having any GCSE's. All you can do is try your best and then you should be proud of yourself regardless of the results that follow. Therefore, try not to worry! 

I have attached an article which discusses how to deal with stress surrounding exams; https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/exams-and-the-pressure-to-do-well-23966.html 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    alice123 said:
    Hey @Kasa2103

Although exams can be a scary prospect, it is important to remember that they are not the be all and end all. As the picture posted by Aife says, many people are very successful without having any GCSE's. All you can do is try your best and then you should be proud of yourself regardless of the results that follow. Therefore, try not to worry! 

I have attached an article which discusses how to deal with stress surrounding exams; https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/exams-and-the-pressure-to-do-well-23966.html 
    Thank you so much 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Maddie05Maddie05 Posts: 56 Boards Initiate
    I haven't done gcse's yet, but I'm still scared.. (I'm in year 9). I know I have a long way, but it's still something I think about from time to time... My sister got her results yesterday, but I don't know what she got, but she seemed happy with them.
    I hope your proud of yourselves! 💙
    Have a good day. And good luck to anyone starting gcse's soon. 👍