Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

International Youth Day

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
edited June 2023 in Politics & Debate
As some of you will know, today (12th August) is International Youth Day! It's on this day that we celebrate incredible young people - a category so many who use the community fall into.

I thought it'd be really cool if we shared two things:
1) What have you done in the last 12 months that has changed somebody's world? (Can be absolutely anything!)

2) What do you pledge to try in the next 12 months to make the world a more awesome place?

I can't wait to hear your reflections and thoughts!

Harry  :)
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    My answers are here:
    1) Hopefully by working with NCS this summer I've helped inspire young people to give volunteering a go and to make their own community's better places.

2) Next year I'm going to try to be a more positive person who smiles more!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The past 12 months I've been working with kids who have social and emotional needs and I plan to for the next 12 months too.

As an ex youth worker and not a young person I don't think my answer really matters I guess. 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    1) I have helped homeless people get a place to stay at. I have raised money for charity.

2) Switching to products that have either no palm oil or only sustainable palm oil. I also pledge to try and raise money for Beat, Childline and The Mix.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Great to hear about the awesome things you guys are doing. Just proves how awesome young people are!