Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just Curious

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
What was everyone's favourite Cbeebies programme from when they were little? I am just curious. If you like more than one comment down below and just vote for one of them.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Just Curious 11 votes

Alphablocks
0%
Andy's Adventures
0%
Balamory
27%
independent_DancerMossS8 3 votes
Charlie and Lola
18%
SienaMia_moo 2 votes
Get Well Soon
0%
I Can Cook
0%
In The Night Garden
36%
LaineKathleen07davcr0ckknownasloner 4 votes
Justin's House
0%
Me Too
0%
Other/hated it/wtf is Cbeebies
18%
BubblesGoesBooL100 2 votes

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    None of these because they aren't from my time
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Balamory
    And my other favourites are I Can Cook, Charlie and Lola, Get Well Soon and Me Too. I found Baby Jake and Alphablocks OK. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Balamory
    Aidan said:
    64 64 64 zoo lane
    Yep. How can I forget that one?
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Clifford the big red dog, fimbles, Andy pandy, Pingu and come outside are from my tine
    Balamory
    GreenTea said:
    Clifford the big red dog, fimbles, Andy pandy, Pingu and come outside are from my tine
    Awesome. I only remember 4 of those things though. 
    Balamory

Balamory! Balamory!

Whats the story in Balamory, wouldn't you like to know?
    What's the story in Balamory, where would you like to go?

Will there be treats with Pocket and Sweet? Is that where we should go?

Balamory!

Or up to the castle inventing with Archie? He's ever so clever and ever so arty!

Whats the story in Balamory? Wouldn't you like to know?

Choosing our colours and dabbing with paint; with Spencer we should go.

Balamory!

Or moving and jumping with Josie Jump? Would that be the story in Balamory?

Whats the story in Balamory? Where would you like to go?

Shall we have fun as we cycle with Plum? Is that where we should go?

Balamory!

Or taking it easy with Edie McCredie? Wouldn't you like to know?
    So...

Whats the story in Balamory? Wouldnt you like to know?
    Whats the story in Balamory? Where would you like to go?

Balamory!
    Balamory!

Here is Miss Hoolie to tell us that story, but how does is all begin?

Rainy, sunny, windy, or cloudy? Playing outside or in?
    Is today to stay at home to play? Going to school or Nursery?

Whats the story in Balamory? Tell us where we will go!
    Whats the story in Balamory? Tell us where we will go!

edited August 2019
    Balamory
    Who remembers Mr Tumble? That program taught me loads of makaton which was my life until 4 years old.

That is because I had speech delay and my first word was actually at 4 years old.  I had speech and language therapy, the nursery staff were trained to do Makaton and my mum taught me that and also to speak in her free time whenever she wasn't having chemo or not feeling unwell 
    Balamory
    Aidan said:
    Yes how did I forget Come Outside or Mr Tumble
    It is impossible. Mr Tumble was basically the first TV show I could understand as it had makaton in it. Makaton was vital to me until I was 4 years old. I had speech delay. How old were you when you said your 1st word?
    Balamory
    I have no clue why but I still have all the In The Night Garden toys in my house. 😂
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Charlie and Lola
    I want to watch Charlie & Lola now. Lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Balamory
    Shaunie said:
    I want to watch Charlie & Lola now. Lol
    It doesn't matter if you still want to watch it at your age. Here is an episode for you. https://youtu.be/CKUxJ6qpTCk
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Honestly all I can remember growing up is watching Dr who... 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Balamory
    Honestly all I can remember growing up is watching Dr who... 
    Oh. :(
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Just had a quick Google and I did infact watch it .. brum, the tweenies & my fav, bill and Ben the flowerpot men! 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    In The Night Garden
    Come outside, bits and bobs, in the night garden, brum, big cook little cook, I loved everything 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2019
    In The Night Garden
    I loved them all, but particularly In The Night Garden. Like, I walked around and slept with an Iggle Piggle toy until I was 8 years old :joy:

I also loved Nuzzle And Scratch, Charlie And Lola, 64 Zoo Lane, Justin's House, Andy's Adventures, honestly I'm pretty sure I loved everything.
    Edit - and Big And Small. And Abney And Teal.
    Balamory
    How can I forget Big Cook Little Cook And The Tweenies! Proves that my depression affects my memory.
  • MossS8MossS8 Posts: 1 Just got here
    Balamory
    Aidan said:
    64 64 64 zoo lane
    Oh my gosh, how could I forget 64 zoo Lane! I loved that programme. Seeing it mentioned has brought back the memories of when I used to watch it every time it was on. 
    Balamory
    Who remembers Nina And The Neurons?
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Balamory
    Out of those I’d have to pick Balamory, especially because I share a surname with one of the characters ;) which used to fascinate me!

I loved Big Cook Little Cook, 64 Zoo Lane, Nina and the Neurons (pretty sure some of that was filmed at the Glasgow Science Centre which is less than an hour from where I am - this also used to amaze me as a kid) and so many others.

One of my favourite things about Cbeebies was always the bedtime story section, right after I The Night Garden (which was also one of my favourites). In fact only recently my boyfriend and I were trying to figure out the name of one of the bedtime presenters who we both remembered loving as a child before she went on maternity leave (turns out her name was Eva). 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Balamory
    I’ve just remembered another.

Mr Maker. How could I forget Mr Maker. “I am a shape”! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Balamory
    And on that note... story makers! Story makers! Story makers! 
    Balamory
    This is the entire list of what I remember:

Alphablocks
    Andy's Adventures
    Baby Jake 
    Balamory 
    Bedtime Stories 
    Big Cook Little Cook
    Charlie And Lola
    Clifford The Big Red Dog
    Get Well Soon
    I Can Cook
    In The Night Garden 
    Jackanory Junior 
    Justin's House
    Me Too
    Mr Maker 
    Mr Tumble
    Nina And The Neurons
    Pingu 
    Show Me Show Me
    Story Makers
    Swashbuckle 
    Time For School
    Timmy Time
    The Tweenies
    Topsy And Tim
    64 Zoo Lane

Balamory
    How could I forget Timmy Time!!! And Mr Tumble!! And The Tweenies?? 

I also remember loving a show called Big Barn Farm. 

I can't remember if I ever watched this but I definitely remember the theme tune for a show called Rosie and Jim too. 
    Balamory
    And Chuggington! Loved Chuggington!

Now I can't get that Big Barn Farm theme tune out of my head!!
    Balamory
    Oh yeah I forgot Chugginton. And Get Squiggling. And Bob The Builder. And Everything's Rosie.
    Balamory

I can't remember if I ever watched this but I definitely remember the theme tune for a show called Rosie and Jim too. 
    It's Timmy. Baa. It's Timmy. A little lamb with a lot to learn.
    Balamory
    Kasa2103 said:

OMG the memories!! 
    Balamory
    Kasa2103 said:

OMG the memories!! 
    Yep. I think that one day I will have a massive Cbeebies binging session. And you should too.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Charlie and Lola
    The Tweenies was my fav
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley