Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

exploring sexuality

Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
edited July 2019 in Gender & Sexuality
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    edited July 2019
    Hey Jason, 

Welcome to The Mix 

We are here for you, we have moved your thread over to our gender and sexuality section of the boards as you may get more support over there. We've also tweaked the title of your post to make it a bit more descriptive than the default intro one.

Have you spoken to anybody about this? Do you have any support in place?

Keep posting, we are here for you :heart:
    Post edited by JustV on
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    Hi @JaxySeattle

Nice to e-meet you! 

Thanks for sharing this experience, exploring your sexuality can be a minefield so it's great to be talking about it.

I was wondering how you feel about these fantasies and about the idea of experimenting with your sexuality? Is there anything stopping you or do you feel quite comfortable with the idea? 

All the best  :)
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @JaxySeattle

Welcome to the mix, 

As a openly gay male (hints in the profile picture 😁) can simpasthse that your confused about theirs fantasies with other men in a sexual way, yes you may not find yourself attractive emotional or sexually to your friends,

If you have any gay or bi friends, have you considered talking to them about it? 
    As one would hope that people in the lgbtq+ community are supportive of the others questioning 

Have you considered the possibility pansexual? I will happily explain more about it if you would like. 

But if you so think your are within the lgbtq+ community, then don't think to hard on labels and think about yourself and explore yourself and try to understand. 

Best of luck and keep us updated 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey jaxy it's good to see you getting involved/thinking about it.

I think religion is very different, you say as a Christian you kind of have to be against them but I know many Christian friends who aren't against our community, they believe God loves everyone, everyone can interpret religion how they want so it depends on the individual :)

Pansexual is a sexuality where someone loves anyone no matter their gender or sex. They love the person for who they arenot whether they're male or female.

Experimenting with It can be done in many ways.  Playing with different labels, talking to people of the LGBT community, it can include meeting people, kissing etc but doesn't have to go that far :)

Ultimately it's what and however much you want to do.

Always here if you have questions :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hi @JaxySeattle welcome to the boards!

I think what @Laine is saying is that there are a lot of Christians who are also members of the LGBT community and a lot of allies.

Depending on where you are, you could look for a community group specifically for Christians who identify as LGBT. You're right that conservative Christians don't have a lot of experiencing of knowing any LGBT people so maybe that would be a good starting point for you? They'd definitely be able to give you unique insight and advice that maybe we couldn't. 

It's totally fine if you don't want to use your real name here! This is an anonymous and safe space for you to express whatever is on your mind. We're always hear to listen <3
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey, 

I remember when I had my first lebican fantasy dream. I woke up with this huge grin on my face like "WTF/that was kind of of hot" kind of face. Just the idea of seeing what it was like being with another woman intrigued me and made me some what curious. I rushed to the internet to have a google and I found that it was common to have these. Humans are curious beings and like you, I've never had any experience with somone of the same sex and I'm in a relationship with a male.

So in short, you're not alone ;)
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey,

I think it's okay to explore your sexuality, if appropriate in the situation. There are many people around the world that believe in religions that are considered 'against the LGBT community' and are LGBT themselves. While religion is important to many people, personal values and morals are also important to consider. Some consider being LGBT and Christian incompatible, others consider them compatible, as tolerance is another teaching of the Bible. In that way, it's open to your personal interpretation.

You said that you're not sure if you'd like to try or not, and that's okay. Some people have these thoughts and decide not to act on them, while others do. It's a personal choice, and only one that you can decide to act or not act uponx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.