Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What name do you like best?

Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
edited August 2019 in General Chat
My birth name was really annoying for me, so I started going by my middle name, Kathleen, back in early 2017.

I want to pick a forever name that I like and feel suits me. The ones I'm thinking of are Kathleen (current name), Kathryn (what I go by on the boards now to get a sense of how I'd like it), and Lena (short for Kathleen). I'm honestly not sure, I'm having a lot of trouble deciding. It's like I prefer them all in different ways. Out of curiosity, I wanted to ask which of these names you like best or feel would fit with how you see me?

Your thoughts would really help! And don't worry, I'll still go with what I want, your answer won't determine my choice :smile:

What name do you like best? 8 votes

Kathleen
12%
davcr0ck 1 vote
Kathryn
75%
BubblesGoesBooJellyelephantDancerMillie2787chubbydumplingSalix_alba_2019 6 votes
Lena
12%
Butterfly23 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    So... I've thought of another name - Eva.

I dunno, I just really like it. It sounds soft, simple, pretty and I like the "ee" and "uh" sound together. I feel like it kind of suits me, and me and my dad think I look like an Eva too.

I've got a few doubts about it though. I'm not sure how well my last name works with it, but I'm not too fussed about that. 2, it's a popular name. I don't mind a name that's slightly common, but it's gonna be annoying to see my name everywhere and meet others who share a name etc.

No need to reply to my rambling, just thought I'd update :smile: Who knows what name I'll end up picking haha, I'm really mixed on it all. I could always update again when I've made a final decision :joy:
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Kathryn
    If you don't mind me saying, the name Lena sounds not very good. Kathleen reminds me of a girl from a book who was very depressed and it upsets me. Kathryn sounds awesome and it reminds me of my friends mum but it is a different spelling.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I've made a decision :smile:

Kathleen. Sorry to disappoint so many people in the poll and only please one voter hahaha.

I guess I've liked being a Kathryn on here, but honestly, it doesn't feel right either. I've grown attached to Kathleen and although I feel it doesn't exactly suit me, I'm not sure if there's anything else I want to be called. Other names feel fake is the best way to put it.

So, I might still have a name change at some point. Maybe I'll wait until I'm 16 as I can make an easy legal change by then. But for now, I'll stay with Kathleen. I'll message the mods soon and ask if they can change my username again, they'll probably be a bit pissed :joy: