Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggest makeup looks?

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Mia_moo said:
    It's a pink kinda day 💗
    I love that! 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Crap picture but I’ve gone with bronze today 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2019
    I don’t often do my makeup 😂 But when I do I tend to only do eyeshadow how and lipstick becuase for the love of god the amount of times I poke myself with eyeliner or mascara 😂 so end up just using primer , concealer, foundation , lipstick eyeshadow and powder 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    @Jellyelephant Thank you! I love the bronzey looks, they go with anything xx 
    @Millie2787 Eyeliner and mascara is hard to master, normally get wet mascara over all the eyeshadow I just created 😂😭 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Here is a photo of me when I was 8 years old with show makeup. It was my 2nd ice skating show. 1000 people came to watch. Creepy!Going multi coloured! 

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @Kasa2103 That looks cool! I bet that was fun x 
    Mia_moo said:
    @Kasa2103 That looks cool! I bet that was fun x 
    Yeah it definitely was. It was the only time I looked beautiful except when I was 1 year old. I have such a cute and beautiful photo of 1 year old me. No makeup though. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    @Kasa2103 You look beautiful with or without makeup, everyone does ❤️ Beautiful everyday whether it be a bad or good day x
    Mia_moo said:
    @Kasa2103 You look beautiful with or without makeup, everyone does ❤️ Beautiful everyday whether it be a bad or good day x
    Thanks so much. You are so lovely. <3 It is hard for me to be nice to myself.

🤔
    @Mia_moo you’re makeup is beautiful! I am not as good as you. Any tips? The one thing that never looks right when I try it is the wing on my eyeliner lol
    @Jellyelephant Thank you, I don't really do much in my spare time so I just practice a lot really. It takes time! I don't know if this really makes sense, but I always start my wing where I want it to end first and then drag it across to meet the eyelid, i just find that way I get a more sharp, less curved line! I used to practice using tape, so I'd put the tape underneath my eye towards the eyebrow, and do my eyeshadow. When I peeled the tape off I would follow the eyeshadow line which gave me a crisp wing. It's to explain but I hope that helps aha x 
    @Salis_alba_2019 feel free to join in, ask away 😂❤️ 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Some awesome creativity in this thread, even if I am an absolute novice when it comes to make up :lol:

It did get me thinking of the AMA that one of our chat mods did a while back, may be some interesting tips over here: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3593401/makeup-chat 
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Been reading this in the background as i absolutely want to get into makeup but i'm hopeless haha

i'm gonna skip out the eyeliner and mascara for my precious eyes sake 😂

I've always wanted to do a glittery eyeshadow and a shimmer on the cheeks, 

(side note, the bottom right is gorgeous!)

But i honestly don't know where to start 😂 maybe one day i'll give it a try haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    @Ed_ Thank you! There's some amazing information on that thread, in my element 😂 Thank you for sharing x
    @Laine You should totally try if you want to! There's so many different things you can do with makeup, all about being creative and trying things :) You should get involved here if you would like to ❤️ Even if you just apply a shimmery shade to your cheek bones and eyelids to highlight, it will lift your face and give a nice glow, maybe start there if that's what's you have been wanting to try x I'm pretty bored at the moment and those makeup looks are stunning, think I might experiment with those colors 😊 Have to find all my colorful palettes 😂
    I tried aha 🤷‍♀️
    Love itttt
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Wish I could do make up 😂 I get as far as putting mascara on and think 'fuck it'
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    What brushes do you use @Mia_moo ?
    i blame my brushes but it's probs just me lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie I normally use Morphe brushes xx Just takes a lot of time 😂 X
    I find glitters and shimmers go on better if you wet the brush or use finger though, comes off more pigmented x
    Ooh right. Yeah cause I use Real Technique brushes but I'm pretty sure it better to use my fingers cause is shit and goes patchy with brushes lol clearly do something wrong aha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Ooh right. Yeah cause I use Real Technique brushes but I'm pretty sure it better to use my fingers cause is shit and goes patchy with brushes lol clearly do something wrong aha
    What eyeshadows do you use? X
    Shaunie said:
    Mostly NYX
    Shaunie said:
    Shaunie said:
    Mostly NYX
    Maybe try a different brand? Are you using eye primer? 
    Shaunie said:
    I just tried my morphe one today and I think I give up lol

looks like a square and looks like one shade what do i do wrong lol
    (Ignore my eyebrows )

That looks really nice! I think it's blended well ❤️ If you wanted to add depth you could add a darker shade in the crease like a cooler tone brown or a really light shade on the middle of the lid xx I think it looks really pretty though 
    Just a pop of color 
    Not the best but yeh 
    Hey does anyone know how to fix my whole face with Make up lol 🙃🙃

like get rid of this squareness 

Make my lips look bigger and my nose smaller and my forehead smaller. My whole face smaller and maybe my eyebrows higher. My eyes are too small and my eyebrows are uneven. ?????? And maybe my face is long aswell as square but i don’t know what contour is best for that. Google contradicts itself 
    @Jellyelephant that eye look is super pretty! ❤️