Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

August Photo Challenge

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Since the mods have forgotten about this I thought I'd do it instead and give them a break :lol:  (hope this is okay) :) <3

2nd August - fav colour
3rd August - looking up
4th August - your lucky number
5th August - Something sentimental 
6th August - flowers
7th August - Happy place
8th August - Memory
9th August - Hobby
10th August - Sunset
11th August - Sunrise
12th August - nature
13th August - fav treat
14th August - fav item of clothing
15th August - your view
16th August - handwriting
17th August - book your reading
18th August - what makes you happy
19th August - A is for...
20th August - black and white
21st August - on a walk
22nd August - something you've bought this month
23rd August - something that inspires you
24th August - fav food
25th August - Self care day
26th August - Best part of your day
27th August - childhood memory
28th August - Anything
29th August - 8am
30th August - An animal
31st August - something you're proud of this month

Edit: Aife here, just adding in a message about our exciting photo competition! 
Hey everyone, 

As part of this photo challenge, we'd like to announce our partnership with Fujifilm.

In October we'll be hosting a huge exhibition of over 10,000 photographs by young people.

The exhibition will be over 4 days in London and the photos will showcase life through the eyes of a young person. Take part in our exhibition and upload your photos from this photo challenge by heading over to Fujifilm's website here.

You can upload up to three photos and for each photo you upload, you’ll receive a free print, and for each photo that's displayed, Fijifulm will donate £2.50 to The Mix. There's a chance to win some prizes too!

Good luck!

Aife & the team

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    2nd - favourite color, it's not my favourite but theirs two colors go really well together 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    3rd - looking up, yeah the place I'm staying at is in a valley so theirs lots of vegetarian around 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    4th Lucky number - my one is 2 or 69 but I didn't want to make that joke soo 2 it is. 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Love this challenge! Thanks for making it @BubblesGoesBoo <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

My lucky number is also 2, the amount of eyes this boi has 💕

(didn't have any pictures with 2 on it 😂)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited August 2019
    5th August something sedimental - it would have to be my camera (that's with me right now ) it's gonns me out of the house more and some of the pictures from it is truely amazing 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Something sentimental, my necklaces, they're all so special to me, the cross is from my dad when he thought he was gonna lose me, the courage one is the last gift I got from my aunt before cancer took her from us and the wee turquoise one is from another aunt, the doesn't normally send gifts but she did since I was inpatient for my birthday 💕  I wear them all always lol 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited August 2019
    I don't have photos of these things so I will just mention them.

2nd August- Blue

3rd August- When I am laying on the sofa looking at the lamp 

4th August- 43 because it is the day I was born+the month+the first 2 letters of the year I was born+my age (21+3+6+13.)

5th August- My boards family and my biological family. Or my teddy bears and cats.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited August 2019
    6th august flowers - some of the flowers i have taken pictures of over my stay in derbyshire,
    (in spoilers because they are quite high resolution and if left outside of spoilers, they would happily take up most of the page😂🤣😂🤣)

Flowers, was feeling low the other day so my nephew picked me some flowers to cheer me up 😊

Flowers, was feeling low the other day so my nephew picked me some flowers to cheer me up 😊

Aww that is lovely. Awesome flowers.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    7th: A happy place.

I can't access my photos as my phone is broke so here's two i'be just stole off my brother 😂

This is a favourite of mine to go in the sunset, it's easier t get to x

This one is not so easy to get to haha but another fav.

It's hard to pick as everywhere makes me soo happy x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    6th a flower:
    And 7th happy place - outside in nature.

The sun will rise and we will try again 
    7th August happy place - well this basically any train station, the rural the better but also a mix of urban busy stations too,

one station I do like which I know a lot of people hate is Birmingham New Street (second image) and Moor Street (first image) 

One very modern and one very old and classic 

6th August- the local Asda near the self service checkouts. 

7th August- The boards

8th August- Prom in year 6. I will try and get a photo of the dress I wore as it is hanging up in the spare bedroom. 
    8th August memories - so this time 7 years ago I would be recovering in hospital in Southampton, this was one of my actual happy days in hospital, its 11 year old me holding the Olympics torch in my hands before it carryed on to London for the 2012 London Olympics, (I'm happy to reveal my face in this one as it doesn't look anything like me now 😂😂) 

In spoilers because in the pick at the time is also a drop machine, just in case it triggers anyone 

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    Memories - when teddy was very small!!! I miss all that hair colour i don’t know where it went lol
    how cute is the one with him upside down!!'

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Memories - one summer after I got out of hospital for mental health, my friends decided to help me tick things off my bucket list to cheer me up, so we made Daisy chain crowns 😊 

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Memories ~ when it snowed back in December in 2017 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    A hobby.. my main one is pen palling, here's a few of my writing bits 😊 all my penpals suffer with mental health so we send each other cute positive messages and bits .. always cheers me up every day when I get my letters 😂 I have about 20 penpals 😊 

What's a penpal @BubblesGoesBoo

davcr0ck said:
    What's a penpal @BubblesGoesBoo

It's a friend and we keep in contact through letters/snail mail 😊 
    9th August - hobbles 
    Well for me it would have to be train spotting and collection of train related stuff, so here's some timetables and postcards I pick up over my hoilday, both of them was orginally posted on my Instagram hints in why the text is their  

edited August 2019
    Deleted
    11th and 12th august - sunrise and nature.

back to when i was on hoilday i attempted to get a sunrise shot of the treeline but that didnt work so have this one instead which has nature too

Nature - running into the road in front of a moving car to save this little guy from getting flattened 🙈😂

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited August 2019
    Hey everyone,

As part of this photo challenge, we'd like to announce our partnership with Fujifilm.

In October we'll be hosting a huge exhibition of over 10,000 photographs by young people.

The exhibition will be over 4 days in London and the photos will showcase life through the eyes of a young person. Take part in our exhibition and upload your photos from this photo challenge by heading over to Fujifilm's website here.

You can upload up to three photos and for each photo you upload, you’ll receive a free print, and for each photo that's displayed, Fijifulm will donate £2.50 to The Mix. There's a chance to win some prizes too!

Good luck!

Aife & the team

Post edited by TheMix on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2019
    The Mix said:
    Hey everyone, 

The exhibition will be over 4 days in London and the photos will showcase life through the eyes of a young person. Take part in our exhibition and upload your photos from this photo challenge by heading over to Fujifilm's website here.

You can upload up to three photos and for each photo you upload, you’ll receive a free print, and for each photo that's displayed, Fijifulm will donate £2.50 to The Mix. There's a chance to win some prizes too!

Good luck!

Aife & the team

I actually did this when I saw it on twitter 😂
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Fav item of clothing .. this top 💃💃😂

Handwriting - who says it has to be your own? 😂 struggling so thought I'd read something out of my happiness jug from the nurse's, and this is the one I pull out.. I still haven't read them all cause want it to be a surprise for when I'm struggling, but now I'm sat in tears, why the nurse's have to be so cute? 🙈😂💖 

PS. You can't see but they've done it in true hospital style, written them on the back of someone's ecg 😂😂