Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Video game screenshots

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in General Chat
No idea if anyone will be into this, but I'm a pretty avid gamer and I'm super into seeing if I can get a pretty screenshot when there's a good moment for it. Thought it might be nice to have a space for the other gamers here to share some good ones. :)

Here are a few of my favourites from Elite Dangerous (click to view in all their full sized glory):

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Not a clue what these are from but amazing pictures :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    They look spectacular! What game is that, @Aidan? Love a good flight sim.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

Definitely not as beautiful as Aidan's haha but here's a few :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Nice pictures everyone! You will see some pictures from me on Wednesday as I am going to a video game place and doing virtual reality as well as the video games. So excited.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited August 2019
    Loving these so much. Euro Truck Sim is a surprisingly pretty game - definitely qualifies as good screenshot material @Laine!

More awesome ones from you too @Aidan. I should probably get into a game like that when I run out of steam for Elite Dangerous. It looks gorgeous.

Also the FPS vs quality issue is SUCH a struggle. I tend to lean towards FPS just because the smoothness is delightful, but you do pay the price. :tongue: 

Intrigued to see those too @Kasa2013!
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    These are so cool
    My photos are not exactly screenshots but they are of virtual reality. I have one game photo and some virtual reality photos with my face mostly covered so nobody recognises me too easily. The game is called Vacation Simulator. It is a simple one as I am still a beginner and my parents don't like me playing violent stuff or stuff with lots of swearing. 

(and no I was not about to throw that controller.  It was me trying to open some sort of gate or something like that.) Please excuse my awful fashion sense. At least the photos of other games being advertised looks better and links more to the discussion.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Aidan said:
    @Kasa2103 never played vacation simulator (dont have VR) but I've seen some funny Irish youtuber play it and it looked a laugh :joy:

I think it's by the people who did job simulator? I'd rather vacation any day :tongue:
    I can't blame you for wanting to vacation all the time. I would if I could. 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    edited August 2019
    Not the same kind of realistic visuals but this game Eastshade is one of the most beautiful I've ever played. The game is all about walking around painting portraits of different things so the art style is set up so everything looks like a painting.

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm not really one for flying games, but I do love a bit of bus simulatior or some virtual reality especially job simulatior, 

My normal go to game at the moment is the old forza, so I'm currently playing forza horizon 2 and then some of forza horizon 3, both love playing them and I'm a amazing driver just not so much on super cars 😂😂
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    That game looks gorgeous @Riley! I might have to look into that. Aesthetics are a huge draw to a games for me.

Also, there are some seriously amusing simulators out there - I have to say I didn't realise Job Simulator and Vacation Simulator existed. I've seen people play Surgeon Simulator and stuff before though, and they look like a laugh. I do occasionally play some Euro Truck when I need to relax, so I can totally see the appeal of bus simulators. :tongue: Love a good driving game too @davcr0ck!

Is that from Universe Sandbox @Aidan?    

Also, how did you find the VR experience @Kasa2103?
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Woah, some of these are so freaking cool😯

I'm not much of a games fan myself but today, I finally gave into playing the game with the square world lol
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

More bus simulator! i need to get it for myself!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Bringing this thread back :tongue:

tb27x9az8lw3.jpg
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Not the most impressive game graphically but I think Hades is extremely pretty, this is the area right before the final boss! (I lost though :lol: )

hcu2eyvlth4g.jpg
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.