Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Managed to keep running whilst doing a mile fun run today although my asthma was flaring up (I did take a break though and it was only mild.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

I ate breakfast AND lunch 👌 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Went to work didn't call in sick. Just ashame I got "counselling meeting" for calling in sick too many times for my mental health. Always think 'coulnselling' is a weird thing to call it when they have concerns. I was just thinking Yeah i def need couselling lol. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Tidied my room
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular

I love this post!!! Such a good idea @Laine

I forced myself to get out of bed early this morning and get the earlier bus into work (even though I really wanted to sleep for longer!) but I will definitely feel the benefits when I get to leave work earlier this evening!

I didn't break any parts of my braces when I had dinner last night. And I managed not to break any in the night.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    I've decided to go back to work early, my sick line is til Saturday so my manager said if I need Thursday or Friday off then it won't affect my absence rate 😊 will be so good to get back and keep busy 😁 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I am 1 week self harm free 💃💃 
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    One month self harm free, 

Having the worst thought going around my head right now and it only being a week until 7 year I had the heart surgery, I'm gonna stick to it and not go back into bad habits and stay as the strong individual I am. 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Managed to do a little bit of self care this morning and wrote abs decorated my letters and envelopes that I’ll post out to my Pen pals Monday. Love washi tape aswelll I have loads.

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I'm not lost in London yet so this has got to be a good start to the day 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    davcr0ck said:
    I'm not lost in London yet so this has got to be a good start to the day 
    Update - I didn't get lost in London at all, just waiting for a bus back home 😁
    I chose recovery 😊 
    Even though I was feeling like shit mentally, I still went out and had a water fight with my nephew even if it was in my Jammie's haha, feeling a bit better for it aswell 😊 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm proud that im going into my 5th year living 3-4 hours away from everything I once knew. It's been a challenge but I'm proud I've stuck it out
    I managed to get down the stairs without treading on the cat when it was in the way. I had to jump over the cat.
    Got ouf of bed today about a hour ago and went to the shops and now getting myself ready for tonight, 

Small steps but at least I'm moving 
    Cleaned the bathroom. I need to sort my room out tho still cause of weekend 
    My bin is a bit far from my bed and it's under a part that's part of the fitted waredrobe. So basically there a gap but I managed to throw something right in there...and yeah that's probably all I'll be proud of today Lol
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Somehow made it into my nieces role model story lol. May not be good to myself but it's lovely to know she thinks highly of me and I'm good to her 
    Love seeing everyone being proud of themselves  =)

I am 2 weeks self harm free! 😊 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    It's hard to believe this because I'm so emotionally depressed. But I think I've gotten a lot better at guitar and fast. I remember posting on here that I was struggling to play C minor, now I can play the chord with perfect ease. I've taught myself bits of a lot of different songs, I've created endless riffs of my own, my dad (who's a great guitar player) says he's very impressed and that I pick up on things really fast. So that's good I guess :blush:

I'm pretty confident in my music making, but I need to pick a thing(s) to play and get great at it if I want to be a musician. So I hope it's true and that I am getting better haha.
    It was today.. just 7 years ago today :lol: I was at a really low point with my eating, when my nephew was born.. when I held him for the first time I don't even think I managed 5 minute's cause my body was so weak, as someone who has a low chance of having kids my nephew means the world to me.. it broke my heart so I grabbed a tube of pringles and started eating.. it was the hardest but best decision I ever made .. and that's basically how I first started recovery  <3
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm proud of myself for using distractions when I was really struggling last night
    Aidan said:
    @BubblesGoesBoo that's such a great story! My neices and nephews mean the world to me too. Glad you made that decision :heart:

What flavour pringles? :lol:
    Thanks, It's cute, every year on his birthday he gives me a tube of pringles 😂 well more to the point his parents do .. he doesn't know why but I'll tell him when he's older.. and it was salt and vinegar of course, the best kind 😁 
    Yesterday I did some more in my positivity scrapbook and worked on this on one of the pages 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    In a spoiler as it is only something girls should see. 

I managed to correctly insert a tampon for the first time. :) It kept falling out but I managed to eventually do it

Major adulting moment - I just ironed my skirt for the first time 😂
    edited August 2019
    Proud that I'm doing the adult thing and switching to decaf in the afternoon in the hope I can sleep tonight..  instead of having my usual double espresso at 8pm to try and avoid sleep cause nightmares 🙈 as scary as nightmares are, I need to remember it's just a nightmare, I'm not back in my past, they can't hurt me anymore, I'm safe.. and repeat  <3