Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How ppl do

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,961 Community Veteran
Why are rapists able to get on with there lives and the victims can't. I knew their name Nd i i looked them on Facebook. N i nearly messaged them this morning. They have children now does it matter if I go to police. Sometimes I get very very unhappy
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    It sounds like a very difficult thing you're dealing with, and it's not surprising you get unhappy. I think it's best if you dont message them, but I'm very much of the mind set that you should go to the police. People shouldn't be allowed to hurt others and keep going with their lives unpunished. It probably wont fix things for you instantly, but it might give you some closure that they didn't get away with what they did to you.
  • Options
    ive considered ending it wen I couldn't tlk to ppl, wen they say stuff tht don't help
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @ellie2000,

I'm really sorry to hear what you've been through. No one should ever be made to feel like this for something that wasn't their fault. 

You really deserve to be supporting through this Ellie. What you're going through is incredibly difficult and you shouldn't have to fight through this on your own.

Have you heard of Rape Crisis before? They offer lots of support options that you might find helpful such as a helpline and local centres that offer therapy and other support. They also have lots of information on their website about what your options are for support and also for reporting what happened to the police. You might find this page on their website useful :) 

It's completely up to you whether you want to report this to the police. We will be here to support you through any decision you make. 

I noticed in one of your other posts, your therapy is ending. Would this be something you'd like to try with The Mix? We offer web-chat and phone counselling here and you can refer yourself online here. If you have any questions about our counselling service, let me know :) 

Keep reaching out about how you're feeling, we're all here for you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Because of this I hav negative feelings all the time. I self harmed, had panic attacks. Not sure who likes me and who don't, I had got threats. I feel like screaming somedays. 
    Crazy mad insane