Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not ok

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
I am not ok and I don't know why.
I just feel so disgusting with myself and the overwhelming feeling of worthlessness and being a nobody. Gah

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I have those feelings often too, they're really horrible and I'm sorry you're feeling like that. Have you been feeling like this all day?
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Been feeling like it for a few days, I'm a month and a half off medication for depression and I just feel like I'm sinking again. 
    probably worth speaking to the doctor about it. You went out last night too didnt you? I know with me alcohol often really gets me depressed, sometimes even for days after drinking.
    I hate going to the doctor. I feel like I'm just wasting time for them and people who have more serious issues need that appointment. Same with hospital. I want to go back to physio and see my trauma consultant because I'm having issues with my injury that happened months ago, but I keep going to make an appointment then panic that someone will need it more. 
    I did go out last night. It was really good until I projectile vomited and like passed out. Normally I'm ok with alcohol but I wasn't ok before I went out and I think that's why I drunk do much in a short time..
    I could tell you a story about one of my drunken nights that would make you feel much better XD all I say is it's important to eat lots before you drink and to go slow if you're not feeling great. Speaking from experience alcohol tend to accentuate whatever mood I'm in, so if I start drinking when I'm depressed things get really really bad. 

As for the doctor and hospital, your problems are as important as anybody else's. Pretty much everybody gets put onto a waiting list anyway and the last thing you want is for it to become a worse and worse issue. Tackle the problem as soon as you can and with luck you'll figure it out quickly and be able to focus on other things. :)
    Honestly I want to book appointments but it's like my anxiety isnt going to let me because others need them more.. I can't do it
    The fact you want to book appointments but feel that you are unable, are posting on here for help because you're low and havent been on antidepressants that you might need for months, suggests to me that you need the appointment more than others. Mental health is often more important than physical health, and plenty of people will just be booking appointments because they have a cold or something... dont be so quick to dismiss your own problems, you deserve help as much as anyone else.
    I  had been on anti depressants for 2 years before coming off them. I don't really want to go back on them.  I can't book an appointment. It's not fair on someone who needs it more...what if there's a sick child or elderly person who needs it more?
    it's not like that, doctors have lots of appointments every day, and people are able to book emergency appointments too if they really need to. If you book an appointment and go on the waiting list then you can get help when they're able to provide it. You won't be stealing support from anybody else.
    Well happy birthday me I guess. Time to sleep the day away and ignore everything
    Yeah, happy birthday! hope you wake up feeling better and have the day you deserve :)
    I'm just...gonna sleep it away. Made it to another age. Another year closer to death
    hey how ya doin this morning?
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @GreenTea

How are you feeling today? We are here for you if you want to talk more :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I hate myself.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello

Would you like to talk about why you feel you hate yourself?  <3 

Has anything happened today to trigger these thoughts?

Butterfly x
    Im fat and disgusting and my body is covered in scars.
    I'm worthless, useless, pointless, a nothing..
    They are some really strong thoughts to have, so can understand they may be upsetting for you 💗 I’m sure you aren’t any of this things and sometimes it’s just about trying to accept who we are and be kinder to ourselves (easier said than done!) 

Sending big hugs 💗
    I hate myself so much.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @GreenTea

Really sorry to hear you are feeling like this, sending hugs <3

I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to waste doctors time - I feel like that every time I go to book an appointment. But honestly you are just as important as everybody else, your feelings are valid and you are worth their time. Also if somebody (elderly etc) needed an emergency appointment they would be able to get one. Do you feel that you might be able to make one in advance?

Please keep talking here, too. How is life/studies/work going?

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Leaving the boards till it feels safe on the boards again.

I'm safe but the boards don't feel safe.
    Bye
    Shouldn't let feeling unsafe here stop me being here. It's just stressful.
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    @GreenTea we understand  <3
    We understand, but we are also here when you are comfortable to share with us and will try our best to support you  <3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey just came to send hugs & that we'd be listening if wanna speak more !<3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey GreenTea, 

Sending you some hugs, sorry to hear you don't feel safe on the boards, if you need to talk more about this I'm sure if you PM the The Mix account they would be more than happy to talk things through with you, we care about you. :heart:

How are you doing? 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I. Don't matter
    I need to take a break from here. I can't handle feeling unsafe on the boards but I want to be here.
    This is making me so stressed and anxious and not ok
    Maybe im just being difficult and sensitive since I've been doxxed a couple months ago
  • dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hugs to you green tea sorry you feel this way I have also been stressed by the boards but @The Mix have been helping me.