Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    That's really pretty looking @Millie2787
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Wasn't sure where to put this but here seems pretty fitting, going to put it in a spoiler cause bits of it are triggering but I'm safe 😊

Had a brilliant night, but was determined I was going to do something destructive tonight cause my brain has a way of sabotaging anything good 🙈 but got a birthday message off a colleague saying they (him and his partner I both work with) think of me as a daughter and they hope I have an incredible evening 😊  I don't know it made me happy cause I thought they didn't like me and it showed me how wrong my brain can be sometimes so have decided not to do anything destructive 😁

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Late B-Day present 😂😂 so thankful to have friends that don't walk on eggshells around you when they find out you have mental health problems 👌😂 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Abingdon pride was great, went with some friends and I really enjoyed it even though it was quite small and we just chilled in an park and then went round an dudes house and watched top gear while an two gay friend was sharing effecton between each other and that was really heartwarming to see 😊😊
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My breathing has been starting to get a bit better today and yesterday. Ive been doing some breathing exercises and mindfulness

Guess not completly good news as means im not dying. Sorry
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    My breathing has been starting to get a bit better today and yesterday. Ive been doing some breathing exercises and mindfulness

Guess not completly good news as means im not dying. Sorry
    Nah that's amazing news not good news 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    My inner child cane out yesterday when I ordered these . JUST LOOK AT THE SMILEY FACES 😍😂 and they were £25 instead being £50 so how could I not 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Cute little duck family in the park today <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    @Aife omgggg cute
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    So excited to see how the finished 5 minute ish film will look like , just left the kids filming some interviews and got another long day of filming tomorrow 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    When your friend blows off work to come visit you in hospital  =) ps. If anyone asks she has a spew bug  ;)
    I've done all my assignments for this year and I've got a week of no lessons in essence so I'm gonna get bored really easily next week
    Discharge is set for 2pm 😁😁 
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Had a nice holiday in Spain 🇪🇸
    Was so scared but it was fine :relieved:
    Very tired, want to go home but dont :cry:
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

edited July 2019
    My manager came up to me and was like "how do you do it" i was like do what. And he goes like keep your section so tidy so quickly. And he goes on to tell me no one else does and the week staff never can do it and it's dead on the week compared to the weekend. Then he kept praising me and geurinly interested in how I do it but Its just folding clothes and sorting out clothes lol but then I kinda felt awkward cause I didn't know what to say lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    England won the Cricket World Cup! :) Well done lads.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Currently sports day at my school. I have 5 things to tell you.

1. I beat the year 8 record for long jump.
    2. I came 25th out of 29 for long jump.
    3. I came 3rd out of 5 in 200 metres.
    4. I managed to not twist my ankle landing in the sand during long jump. 
    5. No ambulances have been called yet. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:

That's amazing @Kasa2103 you should be proud of yourself,

(I always came last at sports day 😂😂) 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Think I still hold the schools record for the 4x100m relay, now I can barely jog down the road. I have become, BROKEN.
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:

That's amazing @Kasa2103 you should be proud of yourself,

(I always came last at sports day 😂😂) 
    Thanks. I seriously thought I would be last in everythings. Turns out that I was actually 5th in long jump. I just assumed that I was 25th as I did so awful. It is more positive to say that number than last place. I also did a mile run with about 100 other girls and 3 members of staff after lunch. It almost resulted in an ambulance being called.
    Went to see my tutor for face to face feedback. Was just an option for everyone so thought I might aswell see where I could improve. Though I did have to wait age cause someone else was speaking to him about it and could hear their convo which was interesting. 

But basically he said he has 0 concerns and that I'm really good at learning and take everything for what it is and text book learner lol. I was just think oh this is great feedback cause I just heard you speak about 30 mins with someone lol. 

Then after he said that he said we still have 30 mins so if wanna ask me anything then am here.  So we just started speaking about voluterring as PSW and how to do that and upcoming things like workshops that can help with and stuff.

But really happy with my feedback but kinda wanted to know what I do wrong ah 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I officially have 7 weeks of time off.
    When your in hospital for mental health but still raising awareness of mental health and the mix 👌 you'd be surprised at how many nurses and even cpn's have never heard of the mix 🙈 well that's changed 💃 also I dyed my hair 😁 

Now I'm on my 6 weeks summer hoilday, let the bordem begin 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    This is great news @BubblesGoesBoo! We're all so proud of you too <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Did a 5km run for a cancer research UK at college on Friday and walked the dog 10 miles on Saturday and Sunday (total of 20 miles)

Only downside is I've been ill for a few weeks and now I've ran myself into the ground and quite ill so my fault on that part
    edited July 2019
    I don’t know where else this fittered lol

but anyways I was out walking to shops and man comes up asking if I'm interested in magic and I'm just like yeah. And he just shows me magic and I'm just omg where the cameras lol I'm assuming there was any. Anyway was pretty good magic he could guess my card and then once he guess my card he put it on my hand told me to put it upside and then it turned blank which yeah dunno how happened. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    You're lucky he didn't make all your money disappear XD
    Spook98 said:
    You're lucky he didn't make all your money disappear XD
    Looll some how all my money has already disappeared anyway aha 😔😂