Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Type of work or careworkers

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
If ur work somewhere, or stay somewhere where it's sheltered accommodation make sure u c reports and monitoring stuff. Don't assume that every organisation is nice to others, some might take advantage and rip the sh*t out of u, if ur too nice
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Not exclusive to care -- if you're a nice person and a hard worker, some companies will work you to death if it serves them to do so.
    in terms of care work specifically though, my mum's being working for a company that cares for people with special needs, and she loves her job. But because she loves her job and works hard, they treat her like shit (and all of their other staff). So yeah they can be pretty disgusting.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Some companies abuse their power and take you under their control
    Crazy mad insane
    I'm guessing that's something happening to you rn?
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    ellie2000 said:
    Some companies abuse their power and take you under their control
    Very true @ellie2000, it's always useful if your area if work has a union, then they can help with this issue, 

For example, their are three unions in the rail industry, one to protect the workers maintaining the railway and another for looking after the toc (train operators companys) staff so the drivers and guards and another union for maintenance and cleaning

We all hear in tne news about rail strikes, well this is the way of the railway staff keeping and protecting their rights by protesting and ruining the rail service so the customers complain and then the toc will keep the rights the same or make them better for the staff 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Nd then they expect u to fail n u do. You crumble n they laugh about it
    Crazy mad insane
    In care
    Crazy mad insane
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I could of been certain that in the care sector that their is a union? 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Wats tht mean
    Crazy mad insane
    Sounds like there's a lot going on rn :( Unfortunately some people just aren't nice people, and like you say, abuse others -- I have nothing but contempt for those people.