Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Meds

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
Is it possible that tht sertaline stops working, i took one this morning and i  feel like I'm going to do something to myself xx

Hugs
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I think the affects can wear off. But a side affect is that it can also make you feel worse mentally. 

Best to see your gp or someone urgent depending on thoughts

hugs
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    It's not gd. I'm goin to see the therapist tomorrow, could she recommended something
    Crazy mad insane
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @ellie2000

Any medication can stop working or stop having a affect on the person taking them at any point, that's how antibiotics resistants is in the rise

It could be for many reasons why their stopped working, I would strongly advise seeing your gp to get his sorted out because its a little pointy taking pills that do nothing to you but could be harming your body in a different way that your not aware of. 

Sending hugs and love 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    it might not be the right medication for you, it wasn't for me. But even now some of my worst days have been while on medication. As shaunie said, best to see your gp and be honest about your mood and thoughts on the medication.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I agree with everything that everyone else has mentioned, good idea to talk to your GP about whether the medication is benefiting you and what other options there are <3

Hope you are okay, keep us updated.

Butterfly x
    Can ppl who send me dM's messag me regularly

Crazy mad insane
    Ellie,

What do you mean by that?  <3
    Can ppl send me MSG's so inkeep tlkn to ppl 4 me to not take my own life
    Crazy mad insane
    Are you safe? 💗 you can contact crisis messenger and other services such as Samaritans if you are struggling to cope.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    It's good you're reaching out cause sounds really hard rn now. I Am here if you wanna speak more 
    hugs x <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley