Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #102

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

This week we're doing a self-care challenge! I found this self-care bingo on Pintrest that I thought we could try for this week's challenge. Your challenge is to do as many of these as you can this week!

Comment below which ones you've done and whether you found it helpful! 

Challenge yourself with this amazing Self-Care Bingo and enjoy every minute of taking a moment for yourself selfcare selflove metime mentalhealth wellbeing lifecoaching mentalbreak health

Don't to forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas. If you have any ideas for the next weekly challenge, head over to this thread to share them. 

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #102 8 votes

Set your own challenge
50% 4 votes
Be creative challenge
50% 4 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Take a coffee break... doing that multiple times a day just now 😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I actually started yoga last week because I felt I needed to, until I developed the most horrendous cramp In my leg and decided it just wasn't for me 😂

-M-
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I live for coffee :smile::heart:

Also listening to my fave song at the minute on repeat :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I went for a walk around the park today. The weather has been so nice this week!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Watch a movie! Watched toy story and then I watched 3 after too
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Watch a movie - a nurse is bringing in a film for me to watch tonight.. apparently it's about the strength and determination of a young woman and she thinks it could help me, it's called the colour purple, anyone seen it? 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Watch a movie - a nurse is bringing in a film for me to watch tonight.. apparently it's about the strength and determination of a young woman and she thinks it could help me, it's called the colour purple, anyone seen it? 
    ive heard of it but havent watched it, let us know how it was?
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm not the best at this self care, I did try some of the stuff in the bingo but it turns out me and water don't seem to go well at the moment (I keep burning myself with hot water) 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Today I'm meeting a friend for the day. Should be a nice friend day :heart:

Think we both need some friend time. So cant wait.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I did number 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,15,17,19 and 20.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ten things I am grateful off;

1.teddy 
    2.the mix
    3.samaritans 
    4.NHS
    5. My sisters 
    6promethazine & sometimes propranolol
    7.To get some sleep
    8. To be able to breath properly right now
    9. House
    10. The people who I went training with / from recovery college 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    10 things I am grateful for:

1. Free sanitary products at school  (started on Wednesday spontaneously.)

2. The science technicians at school 

3. YouTube

4. Phone chargers

5. The Mix

6. Aife, Mike, Ed and Italia 

7. Beat 

8. 7Cups

9. My family

10. Counsellors 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2019
    Last night I went to bed an hour earlier becuase I was exsaughted and I’m wearing my favourite top from primark today 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Today I went for a walk into town, I needed to pick up a few bits and bobs. Was a nice walk to clear my head. :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.