Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quote a day thread ♥️

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    It is sort of a quote but it is actually something my dad found on Facebook and sent me. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    First saw this quote 5 years ago (when dinosaurs existed- haha.) Suddenly remembered it and Googled it for everyone. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    2 of the quotes I made yesterday 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Found this on Facebook and it is absolutely hilarious even if everyone else doesn't understand my weird sense of humor. Maybe people should try this one day because motivation is to do with mental health and mental health is just as important as mental health and not just because the quote is funny.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think!"
    Friend from my training, we sent quotes to Each other's and so cute <3. She sent this one

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    It's a big quote but I found it in Facebook and I know some people that could just with reading that and the same for me 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Love this quote @davcr0ck thanks for sharing :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Your story is a privilege to hear.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

another quote I took from the Facebook group I'm in 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

For me and anyone else who needs it 
    another from the group I'm in 
    Some of the quotes from yesterday 🥰

Spent a awhile colouring this in today :) 

• Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand

Not just girls obviously ❤️

In case you can't read it due to the size:

You are beautiful no matter what they say.
    Words can't bring you down, no, no.
    You are beautiful in every single way.
    Words can't bring you down.
    So don't you bring me down.

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Some nice exam results tips on Shouts Insta today :)

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

This.
    Every act you have ever performed since the day you were born was performed because you wanted something- Andrew Carnegie.

To write is to forget. Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life. Music sooths, the visual arts exhilarates, the performing arts (such as acting and dance) entertain. Literature, however retreats from life by turning in into slumber. The other arts make no such retreat- some because they use visible and hence vital formulas, others because they live from human life itself. This isn't the case with literature. Literature simulates life. A novel is a story of what never was, a play is a novel without narration. A poem is the expression of ideas or feelings a language no one uses, because no one talks in verse- Fernando Pessoa. 
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular

I've been reading The Librarian of Auschwitz which is probably one of the hardest book I've ever read but one quote really stood out to me:

"The most beautiful flowers emerge from the foulest dung heap"

If you're having a tough time and things aren't going to plan, just remember this, you will become stronger and you will become the beautiful flower <3

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

It's not really a quote but it's something I try to remind myself of
    You are the Sultan. You have the power to change everything. 

That quote isn't a real one. My mum made it up for me after we finished watching Aladdin yesterday. I have the part of the Sultan in the play I am in on Friday.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Absolutely LOVE this  <3

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited August 2019
    Do not base your worth on the amount of hugs/replies you get. :).  Also similar with social media ofc