Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Train picture thread

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
Hey all, 

So as many of you know I'm an train spotter and I love trains, but I don't really get much of an variety where I live

So I thought that people could take picture of trains that they see in their area, trains normally have an number on the front of them, most of the time it's ever an 5 or 6 digit number in the formate of (43 009) or (387 145) sometimes they are found on the drivers side of the cab, but even if it's just an picture of it, that will do with me and you could even quiz my train knowledge if you wanted 

If this doesn't take off them im not supprised 😂😂

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw i would but sadly never go on trains!

enjoy your train spotting
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Where I live there is no trains 🤷 so I know nothing about them therefore this thread could come in handy 😂 what's the fastest train in the UK and what route does it do? 😁 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I will be going on a train tomorrow, so I will try my best to take a photo for you! But in the meantime, I was wondering if you have a favourite type of train at all? :smile:
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    @BubblesGoesBoo
    Farest diesel engine loco hauled is an class 43 aka intercity 125 which told the speed record for an farest loco diesel at 153 mph but restricted to 125mph due to no cab signaling, the class 43 holds the record for being the world's farest diesel loco and runs on the East coat main line, Glasgow to Edinburgh/Aberdeen, Midlands main line. 

Farest electric loco hauled is the class 92 aka intercity 225 which holds an record 161 but built to go 140 mph but due to no cab signaling and not sufficient overhead wires it's limited to 125mph. The class 82 only operate on the east coast main line which links London King's Cross to Edinburgh Waverly

The farest train that operates in the UK would be the class 374 also known as the eurostar which can reach speeds of 200mph without any restrictions, this only operates between London St Pancras to France or Amsterdam or Brussels. 

@coc0mac thanks for attempting to do so for me, 
    My favorite train would be the class 43 because the engine sounds amazing and first class is so luxurious 

My favourite emu (electric multi unit) would be the class 350 because their great commuter train which the strangest but pretty nice nosie when starting to accelerate 

My favourite DMU (diesel multi unit) would be the class 158, I've never been on one but old and refurbished onces look amazing and it's also the farest DMU at 90mph 

@Aidan if you could ta some pictures of the national rail museum that would be great, last time I was their would of been about 6 years ago 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Hi @davcr0ck
    The class 43 sounds great! 
    Here are two trains I saw today :smile: 
    coc0mac said:
    Hi @davcr0ck
    The class 43 sounds great! 
    Here are two trains I saw today :smile: 
    Aww an class 220 (Meridian) part of the voyager family which is an East midland train and an class 172 cross country, from those two images, you would of been at Derby or Nottingham as thoughs are the two only stations where they both operate at, thanks again @coc0mac

Here is some of the Oxford locals,
    A class 165, 800, 221
    @davcr0ck ahhh well done you were spot on!  The Oxford locals look so cool!
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I go on a lot of trains so I'll try to (remember to and) take pictures of the ones I see

Aww thanks @mags98 that would be loved so much 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm a real big bus person but never embraced that much I should start a thread on it!  Lol

I do quite like trains though,  we rarely see much variety down here but here's a few 😊

Great western rail is a biggy now down here,  

Not sure what this one is!  Love the color scheme though! 

First is another one that runs down here,  sometimes there is a carriage shortage and they share haha 

I'll upload some more in a different post as it doesn't like me adding more pics 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Cross country occasionally runs through,  one of my favorites!

I also really like pacers, they're cute,  haven't got any yet but I'll send some when I get them!  😊

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Not a view many people can get... 
    Aww thanks @Laine for sharing them, the HSTs the first and Thrid image now run on Caste set which is I've 3 or 4 coach's with two engine units at each end

The one your wasn't sure on was an pathfinder rail tour which was made up of an class 68 and 88

I do quite like cross country too because its quite cheap but their service can be quite overcrowded and I haven't been on an pacer ever but your not gonna see one of them around Oxfordshire so

@JsT I'm an little jealous of you as you get to see all of the units from an different perspective 
    Thanks @davcr0ck It's great to learn 😊

Here's one! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

edited July 2019
    Laine said:
    Thanks @davcr0ck It's great to learn 😊

Here's one! 

@Laine that's an sprinter not an pacer, pacers are class 142 or 143 and sprinter have an wider family of class 150,153,155,156,158 159
    Oh silly me 😂 Thanks for clarifying! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Another one, I'll be impressed if you can work out the class of this one! 
    edited July 2019
    JsT said:
    Another one, I'll be impressed if you can work out the class of this one! 
    @JsT It's the new northern rail class 331 I think 🤔

I kind of pair that you work in an northern depot and it looks all new and northern new train that came out an few days ago in passenger service was the 331s
    Top marks! 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @davcr0ck

Not a picture I took myself, but this train passed through the place I grew up in recently and so thought I would share for you. Seems to happen semi-regularly!

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Yeah it looks like mayflower 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2019
    Without meaning to hijack this delightful thread, that's quite the post count you have there @JsT. Always cool to see old school members passing through. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    Without meaning to hijack this delightful thread, that's quite the post count you have there @JsT. Always cool to see old school members passing through. :)
    Cheers Mike! 

Currently playing train sim and this is my loco 

A class 800 gwr passing through Culham, on its way to London Paddington filled with commuters 

A class 221 (221 029) Cross country passing through Culham doing the two a day service to Edinburgh, won't see him until later today 😂
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    Im gonna spam here, sorry
    The Cathedral Express, in front of St. Micheal's mount.
    anouncment 'stand clear of the yellow lines.' me '?????? what yellow lines'