Homeā€ŗ Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chat wee??

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hey @The Mix

So I can't seem to get chat wee working on my device, I use chrome or tor but I also vpn from an different ip (normally UK or US) because Im in an constant war with my dad over the Internet access for me,

(orginallly this website was blocked but I bypassed it)

Any ideas?? šŸ’”
Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to helpĀ 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited June 2019
    Hey @davcr0ck

Thanks for flagging this. Chat should still work even if you're using a VPN. What happens when you try and access the page? If you can send through a screenshot that would be really helpful :)Ā 

Thanks!

- Aife
    Post edited by TheMix on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Error 404 on the first time, (but that's when me and dad was fighting over the Internet access again)

Second time was 504,

Sadly I can't screenshot else I expose stuff like the security behind my method of madness of hiding my Internet search history and stuff,

I was on my phone last night trying it, but I might try it through my laptop instead and see if that makes an differenceĀ 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to helpĀ 
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    davcr0ck said:
    Error 404 on the first time, (but that's when me and dad was fighting over the Internet access again)

Second time was 504,

Sadly I can't screenshot else I expose stuff like the security behind my method of madness of hiding my Internet search history and stuff,

I was on my phone last night trying it, but I might try it through my laptop instead and see if that makes an differenceĀ 
    Thanks for the extra info @davcr0ck. :)

If you're using a funky network setup, these issues become very difficult for us to diagnose. It sounds like the errors you're describing are being caused by the different ways your connection is being rerouted. Obviously if you need to use additional security then more power to you, but this might just be a side effect of doing that unforuntately!

If you'd prefer, you can send a screenshot to us via PM (click and drag should work, even though there's no 'upload' button). It's unlikely we'll be able to do anything because this sounds like it's an issue with the different layers to your connection, but we can give it a shot if you like. :)

Any more luck with the laptop?

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    The Mix said:
    davcr0ck said:

Second time was 504,

Thanks for the extra info @davcr0ck. :)

If you're using a funky network setup, these issues become very difficult for us to diagnose. It sounds like the errors you're describing are being caused by the different ways your connection is being rerouted. Obviously if you need to use additional security then more power to you, but this might just be a side effect of doing that unforuntately!

If you'd prefer, you can send a screenshot to us via PM (click and drag should work, even though there's no 'upload' button). It's unlikely we'll be able to do anything because this sounds like it's an issue with the different layers to your connection, but we can give it a shot if you like. :)

Any more luck with the laptop?

Mike & the team
    Never had the chance to try it last night, didn't get home until late so never had the chance to try, I try next time I'm freeĀ