Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can’t cope 😔

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
Hello,

Sorry for posting once again but I’m really really struggling and the mix is the only support I currently have 😔 it was my last day at college for the year today and my mood has just dropped because of this, all my support is at college and it’s the only thing that keeps me occupied. Now I just feel like I’m going cold turkey again 😭 my thoughts are getting worse and worse and that worries me because I don’t want to get to the point of rock bottom but I feel like that’s where i’m heading.

Im doing all of the right things yet I just seem to be slipping 😭 I’m getting really fed up of waiting for treatment and just overall I feel so bad. 

Hope everyones okay and thank you for the constant support 💗💗

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Congrats on completing another year! What you're going through is not uncommon - several people state that they feel that last-day dip. You're leaving that routine, you might not see all those people for a while, and work keeps you occupied. So when you leave that environment, it can feel like you're more bored and lonely. That's where symptoms of anxiety and depression can grow, as there's nothing else to occupy your mind.

A good way to drive them away is find other things to occupy your summer. Travel somewhere, or explore your surrounding area. Get reading, exercising, catching up on movies. Learn something new. Volunteer! Whatever it is, use your time to get something good done, and it'll keep those bad thoughts away. And if your friends are around, spend time with them!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Azziman

Thank you for the advice, I’m going to try and occupy myself and fill my days as much as possible 💗💗
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited June 2019

Hi @Butterfly23

I just wanted to start off by saying you never need to apologise for posting. You are so important and do not have to go through anything alone. We care and we are here for you :heart:

I really understand that finishing college and beginning the summer holidays can be a challenging time for some. It seems like you are mostly feeling worried because 1) your support is at college and 2) it is the only thing that keeps you occupied. I think you did really well to identify these, because it may be that focusing on these two factors could be a really good starting point when finding ways to feel better.

You mentioned your support is at college so I was wondering if you know what it was about college that supported you the most? If it was having somebody to speak to, for example, you are absolutely doing the right thing by talking to us. You can talk to The Mix as much as you like, and we can even support you in finding organisations that can provide additional support too. We really do care about you :heart:

You also mentioned college was the only thing that keeps you occupied, and it is great to see from your reply to @Azziman that you are going to try and find ways to keep busy. Some of my favourite things to do are bake, read and simply go outside for walks or some exercise. I especially find walking and exercise really useful when I am feeling anxious - I find being outside grounds me, and gives me something new to focus on.

It would be really great to hear if you try any of these, or Azziman's, ideas out. And if afterwards you would like help in thinking of other ways to keep occupied, you can absolutely let us know :smile: 

Take good care! :heart:

Thank you, @coc0mac

In answer to your question, I have people I can speak to at college and someone who helps with my mental health whenever I need her, so its scary thinking I wont have that over the summer. I'm grateful for the suggestions that you gave and I will definitely try them out! Xx

• mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Butterfly23

As mentioned above you shouldn't apologise for posting, that's what we're all here for. 

Have you spoken to your GP about how you feel? It might be worth mentioning you're finishing college and are worried about not having the support which your GP might be able to refer you to or suggest places you can go for support in your area. 

Also if you're planning on going to work or continuing to study after, it might help looking into if they offer counselling. I'm not sure about the working environment but most universities offer counselling of some sort on campus. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Butterfly. 

How you doing now? <3 Were here to support you. 

Its hard waiting for treatment. Do you know how much longer you have to wait? Its great you have support coming up. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hello @mags98

I have spoken to my GP multiple times but there isn't anything else they can suggest other than waiting for the support form CMHT unfortunately. Thank you for the advice/support  <3
    edited June 2019
    @Shaunie would it be okay to PM you please x