Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tough week

2»

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Hey guys 

thanks, I’m still waiting to hear from my nana test results but her appt with the consultant isn’t until the start of July. 

I only drank 3 times since last Monday so that’s good for me. I am trying to get in a good self care routine. Made me laugh today though because I went into sainsburies to get my fags and as soon as I walked up to the till she was like “shall I get your vodka? Russian standard 1 litre?” Hahaha u know it’s bad when the shop staff think you want a litre of vodka every time you go in haha she was actually shocked that I didn’t buy any. Oh my days how embarrassing. Also the woman from the pharmacy who knows me (COs I have to go in there every week to pick up my meds) was standing right there next to me so that’s peak 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Ah these past few days been so stressful and I actually thought I was dying. I couldn’t breath and felt terrible so I rang my GP this morning and got an urgent appt this morning. I saw my regular doctor and she was really nice to me and checked me physically and said I was ok physically and she thinks am having panic attacks and very anxious. She prescribe me propranolol on top of my other meds and said it should help with my physical symptoms that are distressing me and making me feel like am dying. I am grateful for her being so kind and supportive and reassuring me, she knows me well as I see her a lot so is good. 

I asked her her about the alcohol too because I wanted to stop drinking altogether but my alcohol worker said I can’t and my doctor agreed with him :( I have to reduce slowly instead... but had no alcohol left so I’ve had to spend the last of my money on vodka so I don’t die and so I can’t afford to go to therapy this week. 

I actually feel TERRIBLE 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Jellyelephant

To start with you should be so proud of yourself for recognising something was up and ringing the GP to get an appointment. ❤️

Was also good to see that you had the appointment with your regular doctor so you think that helped you to feel A little  calmer about going to the GP ? 

How to do you feel about being on propranolol to help with the physical symptoms of the anxiety ? 

I know it’s difficult when you want to completely stop drinking but you have to remember that both your GP and your Alcohol support worker deal with this kind of things each day so will now know how to reduce things safely for you.

Your doing really well Jelly . Stay strong ❤️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    My nana has lung cancer. So sad. Duno what to say or do 
    I’m sad and can’t sleep 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Sending hugs @Jellyelephant xxx <3. Im sorry. Wish knew what to say. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hugs @Jellyelephant

We are all here for you x
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Well done for Monday! Treasure the achievements, you are taking posative steps x Dont be embarassed about the lady at the till, I bet she has loads of othet customers like you x I believe you can do this x <3
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hope you and your nana are doing as well as you can be, I have experience with some of the things you're going through and it's really tough. But unfortunately sometimes the hardest things are out of your control. Some things you can change though, as hard as it may be, and the steps you've taken to do so are inspiring and you should be proud.