Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

shaved my head

dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
ahhh i was in a bad way, and shaved my head, not  ive got to live with it untill it grows back, which will be years, and ideas on how to rock bold & short hair.

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    It's surprisingly common to shave/radically change your hair when you're going through something really difficult. Not sure what the reasons are (think it might be tied to feeling like a different person/wanting to detach from an experience), but for example there are a few folks that have talked about it before. It's awesome to see you trying to make the best of it and rock the look. :)

There are definitely ways to make that short hair/bald look work, but I'm no fashion guru so hopefully someone else can offer more specific tips around styling. :tongue: 

What sort of style do you usually go for, in terms of clothing/your general image?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    You may end up growing toward liking it more and im sure will find way to feel really comfortable with it. 

Im not sure about the style end of it tho - guess thats whatever you feel comfortable with and whatever youd like to do with it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    Mike said:
    It's surprisingly common to shave/radically change your hair when you're going through something really difficult. Not sure what the reasons are (think it might be tied to feeling like a different person/wanting to detach from an experience), but for example there are a few folks that have talked about it before. It's awesome to see you trying to make the best of it and rock the look. :)

There are definitely ways to make that short hair/bald look work, but I'm no fashion guru so hopefully someone else can offer more specific tips around styling. 

What sort of style do you usually go for, in terms of clothing/your general image?
    its just fustrating, i had nice long hair that i loved, but now ive got non. 

typically i wear either skinny jeans, leggings, or traccies around the house, with either crop tops or tshirts, and hoodies, and sometimes, on occasions i wear a dress. i use to use my hair to hide behind when i wanted to get out of a situation. 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited June 2019

Hi @dancertori

I really understand you are feeling frustrated by this - and it is okay to feel this way. But this doesn’t always have to be a negative thing :smile: Just as @Mike said, it’s great to see you are looking for ideas to rock the new look - I think this is a really good way to look at it! And overtime as it grows back you will learn lots of new styles that you might even end up loving more than your long hair (I once had my hair cut too short and after it grew a tiny bit I loved it way more than I ever loved my longer hair!). 

It sounds like you have a really great sense of style. I think a headband or a beanie could be some great accessories for these outfits! I also don’t know if you have your ears pierced or not, but I think earrings look amazing with shaved hairstyles. In fact, whenever I see people with shaved heads I think they look so cool! Now matter how you style it, it can be a really cool look :) You could also look on youtube for some tutorials - it can be a great place for style inspiration!

I understand what you mean by using your hair when you want to get out of a situation. But there are lots of other things that you might find comfort you just as much. Perhaps you could let us know if you'd like to talk a little bit more about this? :smile:

But always remember that your hair or the way you look really does not define you. How you look is a part of who you are, but your personality, achievements and so many other things are hugely important too. Take care :heart: