Homeā€ŗ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stressed šŸ˜«

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
Hello,Ā 

So I have this conference thing at college today where we basically have to go and listen to talks and stuff, for unis but Iā€™m so so scared. Itā€™s like my worst nightmare, going to be alone, there is going to be like over 50 people in each room and I canā€™t handle it šŸ˜­ but I need to go because they would just say ā€œawh go for one and itā€™ll be fineā€. My anxiety has been horrible the past couple of days, yesterday I couldnā€™t even stay in college just sat down on a table never mind going to a talk šŸ˜«šŸ˜«so I donā€™t know what to do.Ā 

Comments

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Butterfly23

In my head, the best way to approach this would be is to go to this talk (sounds like an leature to me) and if you need to take 5 - 10 minutes to yourself then just leave the room, if the presenter can't come to terms that rooms with that many people can be daunting to some, then he's an pretty shit presenter,

Hope it goes OKĀ 
    davcr0ckĀ 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to helpĀ 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Update: it went okay worried for no reason šŸ˜Š
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    @Butterfly23
    aww thats great to hearĀ 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to helpĀ 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Well done for going Butterfly, shows youre strong person and hopefully building your confidence. Can empathise Ā is not always easy to do when anxiety is so high

hope youre okay today
    ā€œAnd when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.ā€ ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Thank you @shaunie and @davcr0ck <3