Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Made these today for a friend 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    These are so nice @Millie2787 <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Helped a friend hobble down to hospital to get her ankle checked out(only down road from college but still haha)

She's fine just tendons :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Laine said:
    Helped a friend hobble down to hospital to get her ankle checked out(only down road from college but still haha)

She's fine just tendons :)
    Thank goodness she is fine. I am proud of you for helping her hobble down to the hospital. Hope her tendons recover soon. Tell her to stay strong. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Proud of me art skills! 

Inspired by @Millie2787 😂
    X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Wow at @laine that is Amazing , certainly has made me chuckle 

Missing one thing though it’s “Gluten free bum nugget now ;)” 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Yeah I realized after but didn't have right stencils 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Not really to do with today but kinda is... I am one year psychiatric inpatient free! So proud of this as staff said I would be a 'revolving door patient' (well I proved them wrong 💪) even though I've had countless admissions to general, I have managed to avoid inpatient so gonna be spending the day celebrating and doing things I enjoy 😁 I don't know, when it popped up on my timehop it gave me hope 🤷 here's to one year showering/shitting in private! 😂😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    I've had a horrible cold all week but I've managed to get a bit of work done today :)
    That's positive to hear Caroline!  

There are some awful colds going around so I can understand, had a terrible one all week just getting over it haha 

Get well soon!  X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Get well soon @CarolineV Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    I actually went to a drama lesson and stayed the whole time this term. For the rest of term, I either didn't turn up, turned up 45 minutes late thanks to counselling or sent out to see my student support officer for 20 minutes. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! :)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Didn't have the best morning but now I'm setup ready for the day and feeling good. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Managed to get out of the house (without a reason ) yesterday to take Lou out for a long walk Upto à copice area to let him off for a run 
    Today I actually managed to choose my breakfast the quickest out of all 5 of us (my 2 older sisters, the oldest sister's boyfriend, me and my mum.) And I even helped my sisters choose some great Bridesmaid dress colours and styles for the oldest ones wedding. Oh and I found out that I have a nephew. He looked so cute and small in the photo. I can't believe that I became an aunt at 3 years old. How is that even possible? 😂 I haven't seen my little nephew for 10 years and only have photos. He is still in my heart. By now he would be 10 and having an amazing life. I wish I could see a picture of him now as I only have baby pictures. 
    Got sent home from work cause of the aftermath of last night (before I had a breakdown), but I managed to get myself together and go back in for nightshift 👌

Also has a fear food for denner 💃 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Had chat with samaratians three on phone yesterday. But didnt go to work cause called in Sick. But today am going to work
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I voluntarily handed over my blades 💃 and as a reward I get access to the staff kitchen to make coffee all night 😍😂
    I managed to bunk off a lesson with some year 10's and not get caught. I don't recommend it though. I only bunked off for 10 minutes. I had a good reason for the other 50 minutes. 

In Geography it was the only lesson where I didn't cry at all.
    That's great to hear @BubblesGoesBoo !
    I love a good coffee 😍

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Overcame the anxiety to ring the GP and get an appointment not originally what I wanted to go for but now have some medication to help with my anxiety and feeling a lot calmer.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Overcame the anxiety to ring the GP and get an appointment not originally what I wanted to go for but now have some medication to help with my anxiety and feeling a lot calmer.
    thats amazing @Millie2787 well done you should be so proud 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Well done @Millie2787 <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    In PE my throwing, catching, batting and speed skills were quite good.
    In community time I discovered who is getting the special award again. Guess who!  ;)
    In Art I did a positivity activity with my art teacher.
    In Art I decided to spread so much glue over my hand.
    At lunchtime I totally did not buy almost the whole cake stall.
    I gave 2 girls some money as they were 10p short each.
    I gave a year 7 a freeze pop.
    I managed to get the glue off my blazer.

I made a hot chocolate that actually tastes amazing this evening, I love hot chocolate sooo much 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    edited July 2019
    Tidied my room
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    i just brought a friend a coffee in costa and we just sat inside just talking 

(i don't ever do this type of stuff/talk to people)
    GRADUATION

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Got discharged from counselling today.
    Went to my local Samaritans branch to speak to a Samaritan (first time)