Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

School Holiday

ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey x

In school our year is going to Barcelona, and I'm really excited. 

Everyone seems to be talking about it- especially what they will wear. I am normally a teachers pet-ish and am happy at weekends to wear childish blue leggings and a t-shirt. Everyone else is talking about wearing boob tubes and dresses, and I feel I will be judged for wearing my casual clothes, and all the cool kids will look down on me more than they do already😭. Everyone is going in bikinis and my Mom said I wasnt allowed, so I don't want to look like the odd one out.

I am not a dressy person AT ALL and I am so self concious about my weight even though I know I am normal, so wouldn't want to wear short tops. 

Any help? ❤️
My feelings are bigger on the inside.
 "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
The joy is worth the pain.

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    edited June 2019
    Hey! From experience of going on trips like this, everyone fusses over what they'll wear for the first day or so. Then after that you're all so exhausted from the journey and the action packed days that nobody has enough energy to care.

I'd say take clothes that you'll feel comfortable in...if that's different to what others wear then so be it. It's going to help you to enjoy the trip you've paid for and that's what matters most. Remember that if you're worrying about something, chances are some else is too. I obviously can't say for certain but I'd be VERY suprised if you're the only person dressed casually.

Have a great trip!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Wear what you like and feel comfortable in, and that's what everyone else will do. You mention that 'cool kids' will look down on you for wearing casual clothes, but would they really become best friends with you if you wore what they wore? I wouldn't think so! I wouldn't be so concerned about what to wear - instead, I'd be looking forward to an exciting trip to sunny Barcelona!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Thank you so much for all the advice!

All your messages make so much sense, they have really helped me feel confident and I will read them over when I'm on the trip and feeling down. ❤️ 
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕

• chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hey @ClaraOswald

I'm glad that you're feeling more confident after all the great advice here! If you're interested, we have some great threads running this week about body image as part of our Summer of Love series with VO5. We'd love to hear about your experiences and what you're doing to stay positive about body image. <3
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Thanks - I will take a look  =)