Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Rape counselling/emotional support

2»

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie, I just wanted to send love and hugs, I'm so sorry to read you are feeling this way today <3 have you spoken with your family about what happened? 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Thanks. Have nothing to say anymore. Cant say anything right. Either gets the police round or makes my family feel awkward or upsets people. So i don’t know why reach out for help
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited June 2019
    :( rape crisis clearly dont want to help me. They havent even replied to my email i sent last wedsnday. 
    Also am home alone for a bit tomorrow. So i don’t know if can keep safe, probably can but i asked samaratians if they can ring me and if can be female of that time and they said they will try to do that. But am scared. Cause dont really do that sorta thing. (Ringing for support)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Stay strong. Here for you <3
    edited June 2019
    [Edit - wrote this on wrong thread was meant to write on "cant breath" thread now cant write it on that thread too caause would go against rules of double posting. So doesnt matter]

Thankyou<3. Cant sleep cause cant breath & even in my sleep i an waking up out of breath & thought was cause of dreams of being suffocated but didnt have that dream today & im still waking up constantly out of breath so im thinking it aint stress is physical thing & maybe its because i have low iron & never take the pills & is getting worse. & i am getting so fed up of trying to catch my breath by needing to constanstly deep breath until feel have caught my breath but it takes ages to feel have caught my breath then just happens few mins later. I know people can have heart failure by it if gets so bad & not treated because the blood & oxygen aint getting to the heart and has to work too hard to get oxgyen. Been prescribed so much over years But i physically cant take the pills anyway. Which shame cause paid lot for all of them

TLDR- think im going to get heart failure :)
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Hi Shaunie

I'm sorry to hear how you were feeling this morning, I hope things are a little better now, at least physically. Have you been back to your doctor about the breathing? It can be really tough when doctors say it's "just stress", but you know your body best so it could be worse trying a different doctor.

How are you doing being home alone today? Having a plan for Samaritans to ring is really positive-having the self-awareness to recognise that things might be difficult and to put in place something that could help is really good, so well done you. Even if you don't want to talk to them at the time, it's great that you had the idea.

Sending hugs, we're all here for you
    Caroline <3 
    Thanks but samaritans are ignoring me. So shit. 

I just woke up from a dream that i was using public toilets and then the door feel down and then everyone was laughing at me. (Obviously cause ive been thinking about the sexual abuse & how felt) & felt humilated again. Was horrible dream
    edited June 2019
    Got email saying an appointment every two weeks from starting at 17th july for emotional support Every wednesday. Which sounds okay. Still quite while away.  But every two weeks is ages right?  Like thats only twice a month:/// will take forever to be able to feel comfortable to say what want. Idk if the counsellng would of been every two weeks either. But i guess makes sense if its a service can use up to time feel comfortable. 

Am scared incase dont feel comfortable with the person
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey Shaunie,

Sending all my love and hugs. I'm sorry to hear how you've been feeling recently, I can really hear how much you've been hurting <3

How's the thing with Samaritans making you feel? I can imagine it must feel crappy to have them treating you this way. I think that they should just say if they can't answer your question - it doesn't seem that fair to ignore someone, especially when they're distressed.

I'm really glad to hear you got the email. I get you on the annoyance of having an appointment only once every two weeks. Keep us updated when it starts, and I hope that they can help you and that you'll be comfortable <3
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Sending you love shaunie 💗

Really proud of what you have achieved to far, keep going!! Xx