Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I've been following Mrs Hinch on Instagram for a while now and I really enjoy her stories! She's really funny and posts videos of cleaning! It makes me want to clean too haa! Does anyone else follow her? Here's a link to her Instagram if anyone wants to check her out :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’m Grateful for this Little one - Who’s new fav space to to lie behind me on the back of the sofa 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Music. I don't think I would be half as productive at work without it!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Dave  (my emotional support toy cow, my counsellor and the teacher who held my hand during the injection today (hurts a lot but not as much as cancer would.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    When your Ill and this one has been by your side all day 😍

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    My singing teacher because she is encouraging, patient, funny, kind and loves the same music as me. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Finding such a cute video of 8 year old me. I found it on my mums phone and she sent it to me on WhatsApp. Why was I so cute?  :p 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Being on this training course. It's more intense than I imagine but very insightful and like to work my brain
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    My present from placement and they wrote in my card to “believe in yourself Becuase you can go far “

Grateful of my new water bottle i got lol because it is so much better than one had before. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Warmer weather lifting my mood. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    @Aife
    @The Mix 
    The boards
    The fact group chat exists
    YouTube
    My recovery playlist 
    Taylor Swift (because of Shake It Off)
    Sing  (the film)

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Today I am grateful that I get a bank holiday off work, to spend time with family, :heart: I usually end up working bank holidays, but today I am off, so I'm super happy. :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Going out later with my friends, their parents and their dogs for a walk. 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    It probably sounds stupid - but I'm grateful that Ruby didn't show any signs of something being wrong while I was spending time with her tonight (because last night I was concerned. Still am paranoid).

I'm also grateful that my hair's growing out. Having longer hair feels great to me lol, and I'm hoping I'll be a tiny bit more confident with my appearance once it's finally even and my stupid fringe is non-existent :)
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited May 2019
    I'm grateful that tea exists,  (especially Yorkshire tea) and Capri sun,  always put a smile on my face when I'm sipping away on one of them! :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    My cat trying to tell me to do some more physio. She loves me so much and doesn't want anything bad to happen to her human. At least something in this world cares about me and wants me alive and happy. 
    Laine said:
    I'm grateful that tea exists,  (especially Yorkshire tea) and Capri sun,  always put a smile on my face when I'm sipping away on one of them! :)
    @Laine OMG Capri suns are literally like drinking childhood 😂
    I get a break from my mum again but not overnight. Just a few hours. I am going go karting with 2 of my friends, their parents, my friends aunts and my mum but my mum is going to be in a different car so I don't get stressed (no offence to my mum but it is just the fact that she moans at every song I put on if it isn't ABBA or Baby Shark.) I actually like music other than that like Pink, Melanie Martinez, Taylor Swift, Chubby Checker, Bill Haley, Little Mix, Sam Smith, the songs @Aife suggested, Rachel Platten, Sara Bareilles and even more. 

At least my mum is only a phone call away if either of us feel lonely or just bored of the other persons music. 
    Grateful to finally have some time being in the house by myself. 
    Beat, Childline, The Mix, my school making an entire word document published on the website about additional support services and Fruity Pop lolly pops because they are delicious and take my mind off my eating problems for a little while. 
    1. The fact student welfare let you use your phones to call home in emergencies and write you late notes.
    2. Year 10
    3. The student support officer who helped me in the middle of a metal health breakdown and panic attack.
    4. The trainee music teacher.
    5. The Glitter Girls (I was their youngest assistant today.)
    6. Pizza
    7. The fact my henna tattoo is brown and not black  (phew)
    8. The year 8 who helped calm me down through doing art.

9. My counsellor helping me get over my fear of balloons.
    10. My form tutor letting me hide my balloons in her cupboard for the day.
    11. My mum being able to bring in a change of clothes for the event.
    12. My friends
    13. My lawyer in our mock court trial (don't ask)
    14. KS3 science co-ordinator 
    15. Her super cute daughter knowing my cousin 
    16. My mum realising I was gonna freak out so we  left early
    17. ABBA
    18. Everyone here
    The police and all emergancy services. No reason why i say that partically today. Theyre working all the time so Im grateful for them everyday they try to keep everyone safe and well
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm grateful today for seeing a teen  I use to work with.. eating disorder, drugs etc. She's completely turned her life around. I'm grateful for the services that support young people enough to encourage life changing.

• Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Im grateful for good health, today has made me realise how important it is and how it shouldn’t be taken for granted 💓
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    grateful my laptop decided to behave til the 'night guys' bit at the end of chat … then my internet died haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Ive got lion king pjmas on, lion king slippers and a lion king mug. Apperciating all these lol. I love lion kong ha
    the shits and bad stomach pain.

Vitalite! I would never be able to have sandwiches without it- spread free sandwiches are disgusting (in my opinion) but I cannot have normal butter as it gives me 

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I’m grateful for my grandparents because they helped me with a meltdown and looked after me because my mum and dad are going away for there birthday.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    The people who are there to talk to me, despite my erratic nature when it comes to discussing things and connecting with people.