Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not sure what to do 😔

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
Hello,

Not really sure where to start to be honest, I’ve just realised that I’m selfish.. really selfish and I don’t seem to care about anyone else, don’t care whether they are worrying about me or anything. I don’t have the motivation to get better and I’m putting people through hell and upset for no reason and I don’t want to put it’s so hard.. I’m always spreading negativity in person around me friends and family, causing them then to feel low and down and it’s not fair is it. 

Sorry just feeling crappy 😔

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster

I think the thing I'd ask here is if it feels like this is coming from a place of selfishness (not caring how others feel) or if it's along the lines of self-doubt (worrying about how your actions are impacting them and feeling like you're a rubbish person)? It sounds more like the latter to me - you don't seem selfish at all, for what it's worth. I've seen you being so kind to people here <3 I also think that the fact you're feeling like this shows that you can't be truly selfish, because if you were, you wouldn't care.

Sending hugs <3
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    @kathleen0172

Thank but to be honest I am selfish I’ve had it said to me multiple times 😔 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey lovely,

People calling you selfish doesn't necessarily mean you are. From what you've been describing, I don't think you're selfish, you seem very sweet and I don't see anything you're doing wrong <3

On the other hand, if you do think there may be a bit of a problem, you can definitely work on it :) I'd suggest maybe exploring your feelings and behaviours to understand it and get to the roots, and then you can try to correct it.

It sounds like you're really feeling crap. We care about you, how are things today? <3
    Thank you @kathleen0172

Yeah, I do feel there is a problem so I’m doing to try and work on it, my mood isn’t great today really. How are you 
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    edited June 2019
    I’m not in best mood either. 😒

[edited by moderator]
    Post edited by JustV on
    I hope you are feeling a bit better today @L100💗💗