Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

May photo challenge

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for mayHey everyone,

I can't believe it's May already! I'm posting this up a day early so we're ready to start the next photo challenge tomorrow :) 

• 1st May - someone that inspires you
  • 2nd May - no filter
  • 3rd May - simplicity 
  • 4th May - star wars 
  • 5th May - clouds
  • 6th May - bank holiday
  • 7th May - music
  • 8th May - memories
  • 9th May - begins with M
  • 10th May - 5pm
  • 11th May - in the distance 
  • 12th May - 3 things you're grateful for 
  • 13th May - creative 
  • 14th May - your view today
  • 15th May - black and white 
  • 16th May - little things
  • 17th May - looking up 
  • 18th May - unusual 
  • 19th May - morning ritual 
  • 20th May - sunrise 
  • 21st May - something you're watching on Netflix 
  • 22nd May - something blue
  • 23rd May - nature 
  • 24th May - something that you miss 
  • 25th May - throwback Thursday
  • 26th May - favourite thing to do on a Sunday
  • 27th May - made you smile today
  • 28th May - sunset 
  • 29th May - something that reminds you of summer
  • 30th May - light 
  • 31st May - something you're proud of this month!

Hope you enjoy this photo challenge! 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting some photo ideas for the next challenge, a weekly challenge idea, or writing something for the newsletter let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    May 1st- My sister and also my friends mum (she is like another mum to me.)

May 2nd- Not brave enough to do photo but a photo with no filter that I have is a photo of me with a fellow autistic young person (he is 14 but is not my boyfriend.)

May 3rd- A simple thing in life for me is walking the extra mile from school instead of taking the bus.

May 4th- May the fourth (force) be with you 

May 5th- I don't have a photo but just imagine Lanzarote.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Bank holiday, spending it stuck in hospital, hopefully out tomorrow though 🤞 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Been way too busy and not had much time to answer other posts. But just writing here to remind myself 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Yesterday for Memories - when we went to watch the fireworks to remember albie by last year 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    5 pm I was doing aissgnemts and forgot to post :((
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

At 5pm i was in my bedroom so what matter than a pic of the wall haha  :#

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited May 2019
    Grateful of Teddy 

Grateful to be on my free peer support worker training 

And still thinking about third
    My view

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I don’t know if I have understood today’s “looking up” theme but I things are looking up for me. I found this picture on my phone from a year or so ago - it’s from a session I did at the recovery college about goal setting and how I would work towards being a nurse. I was looking at how to do an access course to get onto my nurse training st uni and now I am a few weeks from finishing access and start my nurse training in a few months (September) which is so exciting! So that’s my photo for today xx
    The sun will rise and we will try again 

Looking up lol. Obvs on a bus ahah

My morning routine is face painting. Lol. No Dont actually put that all on everyday ahah

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Morning ritual l would be I hug my buddy pierre (image below) and give him an kiss, and listern to my morning playlist and get myself ready 

On Saturdays I would paint my nails to wear over the weekend. 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    My morning ritual this week has been waking up and posting on social media about mental health awareness week. Other than that and my standard 3 cups of coffee I don't have a morning ritual 🙈😂 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Shaunie said:

Grateful to be on my free peer support worker training 

Something you miss - it was my last day today and im missing my training already 😭😭😭everyones so nice and i hope keep incontact with them
    Best part of Sunday is coming home from work and then sitting in the garden with my sister and teddy

This made me smile, my friend is expecting so I got the baby a teddy, it looked smaller on the shelf 😂 so had to belt it to my handle of my suitcase cause it won't fit inside.. wonder how many funny looks I'm gonna get walking through the city centre tomorrow 🙈😂😂

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Summer 

The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Proud of a few things this month, though they may not be big it shows just how far I've come.
    1. Proud that on my holiday it wasn't ruled by calories for once, I ate and drank what I wanted, yes I gained a little weight but not as much as I thought, it just shows how wrong my brain can be sometimes.
    2. Also proud I didn't end up sectioned on my holiday :lol:  
    3. Proud that I reached out for help before doing something destructive and that shows that I'm trying and my team can see that so put in extra support.
    4. And finally proud that I've cut down on smoking from 30 a day to about 10 😀 my bank account is proud of this one too haha