Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fun fact about yourself??

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
Hey guys! If someone's already done something like this, apologies, I'm pretty new on here and haven't checked too much out yet. 

So yeah what's a fun fact about you? 

For me my fun fact is I've lived in 4 different countries! 
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `
Tagged:

Comments

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm a train spotting and rail enthusiast, I send me an pic of an train in the UK and I could probably tell you what class it is, 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    - I took my english igcse in yr9 and maths gcse early in yr11, cuz my parents wanted me to get them out if the way so I can focus properly on other subjects later onwards (I've gotta say i occasionally agree that they know best)
    - I'm a baby immigrant, I was born in the far eastern and then came here at a year old 😁
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Love this idea :)

I was born in Shetland. And I love Christmas lights.
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    I know a lot about dog breeds. Did you know Poodles were bred for water retrieving and corgis were breed for herding cattle 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    These are all amazing fun facts and show the unique individuals we all are, I love it! 

Davcr0ck that's a very fun fact, my grandad is the same with planes and it facinates me that he can identify a model when it's flying overhead! I imagine you're the same with trains when they're passing. Very incredible. 

Sozforhappy that's pretty cool and I can imagine not too many people managed that. I graduated high school with a Canadian diploma but was only doing mainly national 4s in 4th year. I'm not 100% sure of the equivalents but that's definitely great and I didn't know you could do that! Also that's definitely a fun fact, I love it! Definitely a story behind that fun fact :) 

Kathleen0172 so glad you came across this post! I'm Scottish too (well I was actually born in England, there's another fun fact) but I grew up in Scotland my whole life. Have you ever gone back to visit Shetland? I've never been but heard it's absolutely stunning! And Christmas lights are the absolute best! 

L100 I wish I knew a lot about dog breeds! I've got 3 spaniels and they're all crazy nutjobs. I know a little about their breeds but not too much about other dogs. 

I hope more people join in with this, I love reading about everyone's fun facts! 

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I can speak 9 languages and sign 2.

I can speak English, French, Spanish, German, Polish, Chinese, Hungarian, Italian and Portugese. I can sign Makaton and British Sign Language.

Maybe I should be an interpreter when I grow up. If anyone needs someone to talk to but can't type in English then feel free to message me.

English can always carry on but I wanted to let the French, Spanish, German, Polish, Chinese, Hungarian, Italian and Portugese know that they have someone to message.

I started learning Spanish when I was 3, Polish when I was 6, French when I was 7, Chinese when I was 10, Portuguese when I was 11, Hungarian when I was 11, German when I was 12 and Italian when I was 12. Quite impressive isn't it? 

I have done Makaton since I was a baby because I had a speech delay- I didn't speak until I was 4. The reason I started learning Spanish before I could talk was because I watched TV in the villa (they call the hotel rooms villas instead of hotel rooms.) I have done British Sign Language since I was 11 because I started watching Childline videos in the Deaf Zone of the website although my hearing is fine (it isn't like there are any rules about hearing people looking at it.) 

In the future I hope to learn Ukrainian, Turkish, Swedish, Russian, Romanian, Persian, Norwegian, Mongolian, Lithuanian, Latin, Japanese, Irish, Indonesian, Icelandic, Hindi, Hebrew, Hawaiin, Greek, Georgian, Finnish, Filipino, Estonian, Dutch, Danish, Croatian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Armenian, Arabic, American Sign Language, Albanian and Afrikaans. If Iearn all of those languages I would be able to speak 40 languages and sign 3 which would just be absolutely awesome as I would be able to communicate with many many people. 

Did you know that Mandarin Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. 1.1 billion people can speak this language.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    edited May 2019
    Kasa2103 said:

I can speak English, French, Spanish, German, Polish, Chinese, Hungarian, Italian and Portugese. I can sign Makaton and British Sign Language.

Maybe I should be an interpreter when I grow up. If anyone needs someone to talk to but can't type in English then feel free to message me.

English can always carry on but I wanted to let the French, Spanish, German, Polish, Chinese, Hungarian, Italian and Portugese know that they have someone to message.

I started learning Spanish when I was 3, Polish when I was 6, French when I was 7, Chinese when I was 10, Portuguese when I was 11, Hungarian when I was 11, German when I was 12 and Italian when I was 12. Quite impressive isn't it? 

I have done Makaton since I was a baby because I had a speech delay- I didn't speak until I was 4. The reason I started learning Spanish before I could talk was because I watched TV in the villa (they call the hotel rooms villas instead of hotel rooms.) I have done British Sign Language since I was 11 because I started watching Childline videos in the Deaf Zone of the website although my hearing is fine (it isn't like there are any rules about hearing people looking at it.) 

In the future I hope to learn Ukrainian, Turkish, Swedish, Russian, Romanian, Persian, Norwegian, Mongolian, Lithuanian, Latin, Japanese, Irish, Indonesian, Icelandic, Hindi, Hebrew, Hawaiin, Greek, Georgian, Finnish, Filipino, Estonian, Dutch, Danish, Croatian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Armenian, Arabic, American Sign Language, Albanian and Afrikaans. If Iearn all of those languages I would be able to speak 40 languages and si ;) upgn 3 which would just be absolutely awesome as I would be able to communicate with many many people. 

Did you know that Mandarin Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. 1.1 billion people can speak this language.
    Awhh I'm sorry you couldn't speak until that age, that must have been very difficult especially when starting school. Still it did give you advantage on learning those many languages, you'd have no problem visiting or even living in other countries and fitting in ;). My uncle is a bilingual translator too if you're maybe considering that
    Kasa2103 said:

In the future I hope to learn Ukrainian, Turkish, Swedish, Russian, Romanian, Persian, Norwegian, Mongolian, Lithuanian, Latin, Japanese, Irish, Indonesian, Icelandic, Hindi, Hebrew, Hawaiin, Greek, Georgian, Finnish, Filipino, Estonian, Dutch, Danish, Croatian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Armenian, Arabic, American Sign Language, Albanian and Afrikaans. If Iearn all of those languages I would be able to speak 40 languages and si ;) upgn 3 which would just be absolutely awesome as I would be able to communicate with many many people. 

Awhh I'm sorry you couldn't speak until that age, that must have been very difficult especially when starting school. Still it did give you advantage on learning those many languages, you'd have no problem visiting or even living in other countries and fitting in ;). My uncle is a bilingual translator too if you're maybe considering that
    At least when I went to nursery the staff were already trained in doing Makaton. I also went to speech and language therapy either once or twice a week (I forgot.) That sounds amazing that he is a bilingual translator. Can you ask him what the job is like please? 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Kathleen0172 so glad you came across this post! I'm Scottish too (well I was actually born in England, there's another fun fact) but I grew up in Scotland my whole life. Have you ever gone back to visit Shetland? I've never been but heard it's absolutely stunning! And Christmas lights are the absolute best!
    I haven't gone back to Shetland, sadly. I intend to one day though - we moved when I was only around 2-3, but I have very vague memories. It was a lovely place :)Extremely windy though, but I love that, lol.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    It's so fun hearing this stuff about you all. :tongue:

Quote any line from a modern Doctor Who episode and I can probably tell you the episode title and the rest of the dialogue for that scene. I'm also a bit of a Halo lore buff. Basically just a nerd.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Kasa2103 that's absolutely amazing and honestly you have a very admirable passion for languages. I wish I was like that! I learned a little french in primary school and a little Spanish in high school. My family and I went to Spain and I ended up having the chance to use Spanish when the person in the cafe couldn't speak English. I was able to ask for a table and order our food. Was an incredible experience and definitely wowed the man! 

Kathleen0172 you definitely should get back, I'd love to visit one day too! I've been wanting to go back to my place of birth for years so I totally understand the desire! 

Mike I love Dr who too! I'm also a big Torchwood fan (have watched every episode from a young age). I'm also friendly with John Barrowman and Gareth David Lloyd (Into Jones). When I was younger, I was known as Gareth's body guard and when I was with him people gave us space. He even took me on stage with the whole Torchwood crew in front of one of the hub events. Was amazing. I visited him after about 8 years of not being able to see him and he remembered me well. After events he'd make sure to come and see us etc. Very nice guy and amazing experience for me! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Umm. Just realised how boring I am. Lol. Not very interesting but I eat ice cream or/and ice lollies or/and ice poles. Nearly Everyday for past few years. Even in winter cause why not lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Fun fact about me is I can lose my mum in Tesco really easily 😂 

Joking that’s not the fact but it’s true - Umm I can sign the chours to reach for the stars and I used to work with SEN children and will be starting that again soon 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Shaunie that's definitely not boring and makes you different, in a good way! Everyone has their own little twirks that make them their own and you're no different. I'm really thankful to have you here! 

Millie2787 omg me too 😂 I can just look away for two secs and she's upstairs 🤦 that's so cool, I can sign the alphabet but would love to learn more, including songs! Anyone who works with children has a good heart so thank you for doing that! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I have a twin (none identical - apperently to some we look nearly the same just different colour hair)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    fun fact, not really sure if this counts but I once watered a cactus at work for 3 months before someone told me it was fake :joy::unamused:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    fun fact, not really sure if this counts but I once watered a cactus at work for 3 months before someone told me it was fake :joy::unamused:

Oh noo that's such a long time Bubbles! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Probably a good thing that it was fake Bubbles since cacti are only supposed to be watered around once a week! :lol:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Heres one from me 

I walk up stairs on my tip toes and I don't know why, 😂😂 it just feels normal to me 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    My fun, and slightly weird, fact is that I have clinodactyly in both of my pinky fingers. It basically means that they're twisted, bending noticeably towards my ring fingers :#
    Just came back after having a break and loved seeing some other fun/weird facts! It just shows how diverse and different we all are even just in this thread. 

I saw a car I fell in love with on Thursday, it ended up getting sold before I could ask more about it the today (how annoying). We ended up going to the specific garage for that car rather than a generic one and they had the car I was looking for. It was a different colour but I liked this one better. Turns out the car make and model split apart so the make is its own brand and the model is a new brand too. So the company only has 4 for sale in the whole UK, I ended up putting a deposit on the car (it's my first car). So now I'll have one of the last ever for sale cars directly after the split. Pretty crazy huh? It was meant to be! (I'm still to sit my test but the sort of deal I got was never gonna come). They also just got the car in today so I honestly believe it was meant for me. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Gherkins are the only things that I can't stand but my twin likes lol

I'm a huge fan of symmetry which means that I often get 2 sets of piercings because just having one drives bonkers

Last year I had an out of the blue reaction to uncle Ben's rice and went out partying the next day

I've struggled for so long to say "squirrel" because my brain just struggles with that word

My twin and I managed to convince a friend that we were born on either sides of midnight  for years before confessing lol

If you're a glasses wearer, babies find it hilarious when you wiggle your brows up and down (I've tried) 

I have huge cheeks and my eyes go small when I smile. People often like to pinch my cheeks which makes me smile even more

When I laugh too much, my legs go all jelly and I struggle to walk

I've been told that I'm great at giving hugs 🤗
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    I have an abnormally large head. Hats never fit me.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I cook sweet potato in the toaster.
    It's pretty damn fine 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I also have tiny ears that my parents pick on me for. Literally most people I meet, make a comment about how small my ears are.
    Mike said:
    I have an abnormally large head. Hats never fit me.
    Haha same. And I struggle with hoodies and certain t-shirts.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I have smaller than normal red blood cells 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    It takes twice the amount of energy to pump blood around my body compared to the average human 
    I like to repeat words in my head over and over until they sound weird 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I have smaller than normal red blood cells 😂
    My are just shaped funny but I'm perfectly healthy. It does mean that certain blood tests won't work on me lol